A Touch of Evil: Hero Pack 1» Forums » Reviews

Subject: A Touch of Heroes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: ToEvil [+] [View All]
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do game manufactures have to spend so much on packaging is beyond me. I personally am not interested in buying an expansion just because of an elaborate box, especially if it's only half full. The company could have put everything in a see through plastic bag and sold it a lot cheaper and I'm sure most of us would have been more inclined to buy it. Companies have to realize that many gamers have to order their games online and shipping is far from being cheap. The bigger the box sometimes means higher shipping costs and who wants to pay more for shipping than what the item is worth?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Styfen wrote:
Indeed, it doesn't need to be in a plastic bag, but the expansion would benefit from being in a box half the size - something nearer the Arkham small expansions for example.
But that's the point - the bigger, more visible, the box, the better chance someone will see it & buy it. There is no benefit in using a smaller box from the manufacturer's position (barring a marginal cost benefit), there is a loss of visibility. The more competition there is, the more visibility you want for your product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

I had painted all my characters and they looked really cool so we had decided to play AToE this evening. One person had bought the Hero Pack and we were all excited (I say all,this is not one of my favourite games )

It was such a disappointment when the Hero Pack box was openned. Yes, big box and few components. However, we thought it would add that little bit extra to the base game. Sorry, it did not do so....for us, anyway.

I am happy that I did not buy the expansions, but that is a matter of taste. However, I cannot understand why the Pack was not included in as an extra in the SG ! Elbow, a member of my group thought that he had wasted his money so we all chipped in and he had a smile on his face. I doubt whether he will be playing AToE again. Come to think of it, I think I might not, either

At least we had played Tikal and enjoyed that before this game and it's expansions. We also ended up playing Long Shot to give us a few laughs to counter-act the shock !

Regards.

Regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
Styfen wrote:
Indeed, it doesn't need to be in a plastic bag, but the expansion would benefit from being in a box half the size - something nearer the Arkham small expansions for example.
But that's the point - the bigger, more visible, the box, the better chance someone will see it & buy it. There is no benefit in using a smaller box from the manufacturer's position (barring a marginal cost benefit), there is a loss of visibility. The more competition there is, the more visibility you want for your product.
Exactly. The box is no bigger than the ones most computer games are sold in - and they take up even less space once they have been unpacked.
At least this box needs the protection to save the miniatures from breaking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Google "Gloom of Kilforth"!
badge
Google "Gloom of Kilforth"!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the review. Contents are a bit disappointing (quantity) but I'll probably end up getting it along with Something Wicked as AToE kicks bum.
As for the packaging, the first thing I do is find a way to get expansion stuff into the main box and do away with it. That might be a cardinal sin on BGG but it looks like less total games in the collection to my wife. Bits in a plastic bag sounds fine to me!

arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Brownell
United States
Twin Oaks
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I rather loved the expansion, AND I now keep all my Wound and Investigation tokens in the Hero Pack box so I'm not fumbling around for them during set-up or in-game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Review,IMO the Hero Pack was a worthwhile addition & I hope to
see a Hero Pack#2 next year.But i'm a hopeless AToE Fan Boylaugh

Oh-the box should be big enough to set two beer can on,this is a
personal purchase rule.(saves table space)

OD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Old Dwarf wrote:

Oh-the box should be big enough to set two beer can on,this is a
personal purchase rule.(saves table space)

OD

LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.