1 Posts

10 Days in Europe» Forums » Variants

Subject: Some quick and simple changes to keep things interesting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Murray C
British Colombia
flag msg tools
When I first got 10 Days in Europe, the game actually got quite a bit of play, especially between myself and my fiancé. We also used it to introduce non-gaming couples to games.

However, over the course of time, despite its brevity, 10 Days in Europe began to lose its appeal. My fiancé and I tried out a few simple variations, Apples to Apples style. Check them out below and add your own to the list!

15 days in Europe
A simple fix, make the game a bit longer and complicated! This really only works for 2 players. We haven't run into any problems with tiles running out yet, making me feel safe to say that it doesn't break the game to add another rack.

Vacation Hotspots
If you were really planning on spending 10 Days in Europe, there must be a place that you absolutely need to visit and can't be budged off your itinerary. We play this version with the first tile (place, ocean or plane) being fixed permanently on Day 6. This works to change how we play the game significantly.

Cruise Europe
Not really a variation, but more of a different reading on the rules. Allowing players to connect oceans together (that is, a France->Atlantic->Medi->Spain trip is legal) makes for a simpler game but again changes the strategy involved. If you already play with this rule, try playing the opposite ruling: Do not allow oceans to connect together.

Iceland Age
Everybody loves Iceland. In this variation, you can only win if you treat the last tile you draw as Iceland. That is, you cannot win unless you construct a trip that is only missing Iceland somewhere. Then, you just take any tile for your last move and that is considered to be Iceland and the winning move. Again, a faster game, but changes the way you approach the game.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.