$10.00
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone;

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their help and advice regarding my heroscape purchases. Now I have another question: my nephews also have fairly significant pile of Star Wars minis (they don't play the game, they just like the minis). I think they would go nuts if they could use their Star Wars minis for Heroscape. That being the case, are there any good sources for custom Heroscape stats for Star Wars minis?

Also, in case I want to design my own, is there a commonly accepted formula for unit stats/cost? (I designed a lot of custom Dreamblade miniatures, and the basic spawn cost forumula was Power + Defense/3 + Life/4 - 1.75 = Spawn Cost; is there anything like this for Heroscape?)

Finally, is there a place I could get a template for the "army cards" or "unit cards" for the miniatures, so if I did design a custom unit, I could print it out on a proper-looking card?

Thanks again, everyone.

Peace,
Nate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?u=2

There are quite a few customs on Heroscapers, unfortunatly it isn't the easiest site to search. But there is some good information there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Hales
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a number of Star Wars customs at heroscapers.com. There is also a community effort currently underway to establish a set of Star Wars rules so the customs are consistent.

There isn't really a formula for establishing point cost. The best way to do it is compare to something more or less comparable in the game and then try it. Adjust up or down after playing with it at that point value. Rinse, repeat.

Again at heroscapers.com there are card templates as well as a few tutorials on how to make them look as good as the official cards.

For a more or less complete list of all the Star Wars customs on the site go here:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=17171
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Rampson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldil,

I have all sorts of stuff for customs on my computer at home (did you really think I wouldn't dabble in customs?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scud-O wrote:
Eldil,

I have all sorts of stuff for customs on my computer at home (did you really think I wouldn't dabble in customs?).

Well, you're my friend, and I like to keep my relationship with my dealer completely professional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.