Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

War of the Ring (first edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Card Sleeves for Collector's Edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francesco Nepitello
Italy
Venezia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't be to hard to find, as during the second day of the fair a guy came to us showing that he found the right size being sold somewhere at the fair itself. As soon as I know something else, I'll post it.

Francesco
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony DuLac
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that FFG is selling a set made of solid gold for this game. Word on the street is that they're taking loan applications for these starting next week. Good luck!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Harv wrote:
If any game deserves its cards being sleeved, it's the Collector's Edition of WOTR.

But what will I need? How many card of each size are there? And who sells sleeves for 'tarot'-sized cards?


For $400 the cards should come pre-sleeved. Seriously. shake
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten Van Hemel
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Francesco Nepitello wrote:
Shouldn't be to hard to find, as during the second day of the fair a guy came to us showing that he found the right size being sold somewhere at the fair itself. As soon as I know something else, I'll post it.

Francesco


It wasn't me (I visited on Thursday and Sunday) but I did find the guy selling sleeves, Jimmy. I walked back and forth between the two stands with a card sample and some sleeve samples. Not a perfect fit, but Jimmy said customised sleeves can be negotiated.
Anyway, I handed over Jimmy's business card so I am out of the loop now, but anxious to hear more.

Anthony: sleeves at the fair were EUR 2.33 for 150 but I have no idea what custom-fit with a 24-carat golden coating is gonna cost ...

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You know, like, for realsies.
badge
Vaughn had always been a good student, but now it seemed as though he mastered his lessons too quickly.
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
I believe that FFG is selling a set made of solid gold for this game.


That's just silly. How could you read the cards?

FlyingArrow wrote:
For $400 the cards should come pre-sleeved. Seriously. shake


But then you'd need to find sleeve sleeves.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Greyskull
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
I believe that FFG is selling a set made of solid gold for this game. Word on the street is that they're taking loan applications for these starting next week. Good luck!


Ok Anthony, you made your point, just like in the other thread!
Just remember that the limit between being insisting and being annyoing is very close!

Grey
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony DuLac
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
AndreaGreyskull wrote:
wytefang wrote:
I believe that FFG is selling a set made of solid gold for this game. Word on the street is that they're taking loan applications for these starting next week. Good luck!


Ok Anthony, you made your point, just like in the other thread!
Just remember that the limit between being insisting and being annyoing is very close!

Grey


It's a joke - get a sense of humor. Anyway, there should be no statute of limitations on mocking something that deserves to be mocked - like this edition and its ridiculous price point.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
It's a joke - get a sense of humor. Anyway, there should be no statute of limitations on mocking something that deserves to be mocked - like this edition and its ridiculous price point.


It sold out in less than 24 hours. Sounds like it was priced just fine.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wene
United States
Unspecified
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoo wrote:
wytefang wrote:
It's a joke - get a sense of humor. Anyway, there should be no statute of limitations on mocking something that deserves to be mocked - like this edition and its ridiculous price point.


It sold out in less than 24 hours. Sounds like it was priced just fine.


It really sounds like the demand outweighs the supply. So, the price must indeed still be too low.

Then again, I did very poorly in my lone economics course.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Silberman
United States
Portola Valley
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please let us know when you find a source for card sleeves. Hopefully the custom box will accommodate sleeved cards.

Cheers,

Greg
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Wene wrote:
Smoo wrote:
wytefang wrote:
It's a joke - get a sense of humor. Anyway, there should be no statute of limitations on mocking something that deserves to be mocked - like this edition and its ridiculous price point.


It sold out in less than 24 hours. Sounds like it was priced just fine.


It really sounds like the demand outweighs the supply. So, the price must indeed still be too low.

Then again, I did very poorly in my lone economics course.


Certainly too low, but probably not by very much. They probably could have sold out in a month or so at $450, though, right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't say it's too low. The best price point is the one that leaves both parties satisfied. You want to make money, and you want your consumers feeling they got a good (or at least fair) deal. I think they nailed it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Zaghis
Italy
Sesto San Giovanni
Milano
flag msg tools
TOO MANY GAMES FOR A SINGLE LIFE.. I'll have to consider undeath...
mbmbmbmbmb
gpsilberman wrote:
...Hopefully the custom box will accommodate sleeved cards...

Cheers,

Greg


Not by the look of it...

 

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Ford
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
I'm on the lookout in the US for an appropriately sized sleeve as well. I'll post here should I find one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rapscallion wrote:
I'm on the lookout in the US for an appropriately sized sleeve as well. I'll post here should I find one.


A Plea For Sleeves
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.