Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Black Diamond Games Auction 8 Nov Concord, California rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Black Diamond Games (1950 Market St. Concord CA)
www.blackdiamondgames.com
will hold their winter quarter Auction and Ding & Dent sale on Sunday November 8th,
The store is accepting customer auction items now.

For updates: http://forum.blackdiamondgames.com/showthread.php?t=656

Customers have the option of listing their items in the live auction (with a start bid price), or including them on the "Buy it Now" tables at a set price.

The "Buy it Now" tables are essentially "flea market" or "bazaar" style sale tables - the items (both the store's, and participating customers') are priced, and set out on the table - first come, first served. Some customers who bring in items to sell prefer this format to the more chancy "live auction". We (store employees and volunteer auction staff) set the price for the store items, and the individual sellers set their own prices for customer items.

It also means that we can have hundreds of items in the event, with about 100-150 in the "live auction" portion (and a chance to get through the auction in a reasonable amount of time).

To give you an idea of what the BDG auction/Ding&Dent can be like, here is a GL of some items from the last auction: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/45466

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of Black Diamond Games, I am a volunteer staff member, and the events coordinator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geez, anyone in Concord want to be my friend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe,

Will there be a Geeklist of items up for auction again?

I've moved from the Bay Area, but if something piques my interest I'll have a buddy show up and bid for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I plan to do a GL of items submitted for the auction - probably starting on Sunday (most items don;t arrive until the week before the auction).
I can't promise to add everything (or even everything that is on BGG) since I may get more work calls since it is flu season (I am substitute teaching this year), but I will at least get the "juicy" items up.
Once the GL is started, sellers can post their own items to it (hint! hint!) to make sure that people know about them, and to save me some time and effort. Items on the GL seems to generate more bids in the live auction, and disappear quicker from the "buy it now" tables.

I know that we have some items left from that wargames lot, and one of our regular customers has already dropped off a large lot of 40k items, since he has lost his house and no longer has much game space. Bad economy for some of us = bargain opportunities for others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I have posted a preliminary geeklist with some items here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/48010

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Escobedo
United States
Rockville
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Already looks like I may have to make a trip up North.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If you are coming up to the area for the weekend, check out what's going on on Saturday at BDG or at other bay area stores - like Endgame in Oakland. The area has several great game stores, and a lot of gamers, so you could probably make it a "gaming mini-vacation" with some planning.

Other possibilities for out-of-town visitors are the many cultural activities available in the bay area. These include great restaurants, great shows (theater or concerts), general sightseeing, a host of WW2 (and other) historic sites, museums and other fun attractions.

*edit* Or visit Game Kastle's Flea Market on Saturday and the BDG Auction & Sale on Sunday... http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/459865

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Nichols
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mb
Do we know what time the tables will open for the flea market items and when the auction starts? I have some responsibilities to take care of between 11:30 and 1 so may need a friend to hit the tables for me if they open early.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quote:
Tentative Schedule:

11:30am Auction area (game center) opens to public for "buy it now" shopping.

1:00pm Live Auction begins ("buy it now" tables will be open throughout the event)

Auction sessions will consist of 10-20 lots, followed by a brief break for viewing/comment on upcoming lots.

Depending on the number of auction lots, the auction length will vary. Based on past experience, we anticipate that the live auction will last until sometime between 2:30 and 3:30.

http://forum.blackdiamondgames.com/showthread.php?t=656

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Did I mention the stack of "shelf worn" copies of Agricola on sale for $39.99 while supplies last?

I'm guessing we'll have some of these left left on Sunday morning, but can't guarantee it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Escobedo
United States
Rockville
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I won't be able to make it. Is there any provision for proxy bidding?

Jesse

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It is okay if you send a friend to bid/buy for you. We don't have a more complex system than that in place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We generally accept drop-offs of items during the week before our quarterly auctions.

Options are:

Auction only, with a start price (We can't accept these items on the day of the auction - please have them in the store by 7pm on the day before the auction).
-or-
"Buy it Now" price (please bring these in before before the auction - we can accept a few "last minute" items before 11am on the day of the auction).

The auction is a "live" auction, with people bidding on items.

The "Buy it Now" tables are more like a flea market or bazaar, where you can sell your unused (or no longer used) game items to a loving home.

Sellers will be given store credit for the sale price of their auction items if items are sold.

What can I bring in for the auction?

Board Games, obviously.

Also:
Game accessories, card games, miniatures, RPG books and supplements, and other game related items.

* Lots may consist of one item, or a number of items.

* We advise that items like miniatures and CCG cards be assembled into practical groupings that can be sold as a single auction lot item. For example: we will not auction off each of your Magic cards individually, but you may do better by offering them in groups based on color or set rather than selling one box of 5000 cards.

* Accurately listing what is included in lots that have multiple items is also helpful.

* The more the buyers know about your items, the more they will be willing to spend.

* We have found that video games and computer games do not sell well at these auctions.

Other advice:
* If you are listing items in the "live auction", a low starting price can generate interest and bidding excitement, resulting in a higher final sale price.

* If you have a set amount you definitely want for the item, then you may wish to list it as a "buy it now" item.

* You are encouraged to list items expected to sell for less than $5-$10 as "buy it now" items. We reserve the right to omit items fromt he live auction if we feel they are not appropriate, or not appropriately listed by the sellers. In most cases, we will attempt to contact the seller and resolve any issues prior to the auction.

* If you have a large collection (over 100 auction lots) that you are interested in auctioning off, you may be able to make special arrangements to drop it off earlier than the normal one week drop-off period.

http://forum.blackdiamondgames.com/showthread.php?t=683

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Diamond Games Auction Listing 8 Nov 2009

1 Stone Age
2 Thief of Baghdad
3 Carpe Astra
4 San Juan
5 Odin's Ravens
6 Shazamm
7 Easter Island
8 Endeavor (missing bits)
9 Endeavor (complete)
10 Neuroshima Hex
11 Mah Jongg
12 Tayu
13 Ra: the Dice Game
14 Lord of the Rings: the Duel
15 Citadels
16 Bridge Troll
17 Seii Taishogun
18 Great Potlach
19 Hold the Line
20 Finca
21 Tigris & Euphrates
22 Acquire
23 Livingstone
24 Freya's Folly
25 Dungeon Twister
26 Ltd Edition 40k rulebook
27 40k ammo crate & templates
28 40k novels (lot)
29 Field of Glory & Romans lot (minis, Osprey books, etc.)
30 Magic: the Gathering 15th Anniversary White Mana life counter
31 L5R card assortment
32 M:tG card assortment
33 Nuclear War
34 ASL: Armies of Oblivion (oop)
35 Bootleggers
36 Pitchcar
37 Power Grid
38 Frontiers
39 Munchkin Quest
40 Battlelore
41 Hamburgum
42 Antike
43 Titan
44 Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear
45 Take it Easy
46 Galaxy Trucker: the Big Expansion
47 Puerto Rico
48 Bang! The Bullet
49 Jamaica
50 Notre Dame
51 Clue: the Office
52 Conquest of the Empire
53 Shogun
54 Axis & Allies Spring 1942
55 Mecanisburgo
56 Maori
57 Hive
58 Boomtown
59 Race for the Galaxy: expansions bundle
60 Aton
61 Talisman + Dungeon + Reaper
62 Settlers + Cities & Knights
63 Settlers + Cities & Knights + Traders & Barbarians
64 Snow Tails
65 Bombay
66 Arimaa
67 The Name of the Rose
68 Arkham Horror + Dunwich + Innsmouth
69 Red Dragon Inn
70 The War Game WWII

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.