Subject: GG Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aminadab Son of Ram
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I recently acquired a (free) used copy of this game that is missing the Gandalf's Gifts cards. Anyone have the text of these cards so that I can at least give the game a shot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradshaw
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You do realise that is 24 game cards that you have missing, not sure why someone would remove them before selling this on?

I will try to get the info up for you later.

Do you still want it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aminadab Son of Ram
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks much. The game was actually part of a package and I wasn't particularly interested in this game. Yes, I do know that's 24 cards - previous owner lost this deck and hadn't realized it before it got sent off.

If you're still willing I would appreciate it, as FFG has no extras left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradshaw
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will try and get this information up for you this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradshaw
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, as promised. Each card has a category, its specific name, a very brief description of its purpose / use and a related quote from the book (that bares no relation to game play so if its okay I will omit this bit). Certain cards also have the requisite Smaug symbol for the final part of the game, I will use this symbol * to highlight which ones carry this.

FRIEND
BEORN
Great in adventures against the most fearful enemies.

FRIEND
LORD OF THE EAGLES
Great in adventures when caught in a tight spot or when needing flight.

FRIEND
ELROND
Good in adventures involving elves and knowledge about travelling along the safest path.

FRIEND *
THORIN OAKENSHIELD
Great in adventures needing dwarven skills, such as keeping your wits whilst in tunnels.

FRIEND *
CAPTAIN BARD
Useful in adventures where army training and basic survival skills would be neccessary.

GANDALF SPELL *
LIGHTNING BOLT
Useful in adventures where you might need to blast some enemies or split an object wide open.

GANDALF SPELL
SMOKE SCREEN
Great in adventures when enemies are near and a little confusion would be useful.

GANDALF SPELL
FIND YOUR WAY
Useful in adventures where you find yourself lost or in dark places.
Special: On your turn, you may use this card instead of rolling the dice. Discard and simply move your playing piece up to 7 places forward or back.

GANDALF SPELL
SUMMON HELP
Great for calling adventurers and friends to your aid.
Special: If any player has the Friend that you need for an adventure, you may exchange this card for that Friend and use it for immediate success. The new owner of Summon Help may use it later in the same way.

GANDALF SPELL *
GIFTED CONVERSATION
Great in adventures when a quick tongue and a good story or song would serve you well.
Special: This card brings immediate success for any adventure involving a story, song or riddle.

HELPFUL ITEM *
MAGIC RING
Great in adventures needing the special magic of this ring to get out of close calls.

HELPFUL ITEM *
MAP
Good in adventures where you need some help in finding your way.
Special: Use this card to cross any secret passage marked with a map as if it was an adjacent space along the path. Proceed normally as your dice roll allows. Once done, discard and add 1 jewel and 1 adventure point to your total.

HELPFUL ITEM *
KEY
Good in adventures where there are secret doors and locked treasure chests.
Special: Use this card to cross any secret passage marked with a key as if it was an adjacent space along the path. Proceed normally as your dice roll allows. Once done, discard and add 1 jewel and 1 adventure point to your total.

HELPFUL ITEM (2 CARDS)
ROPE
Great in adventures when you might need to tie things together or make them secure.

HELPFUL ITEM (2 CARDS)
TORCH
Great in adventures when you need to light up a dark place or fend off some of nature's nastier creatures.

WEAPON (2 CARDS)
SHIELD
Good in adventures where you need to be protected against harmful objects or shielded from the elements.

WEAPON (2 CARDS) *
BOW & ARROW
Good in adventures requiring hunting or for keeping enemies at a distance.

WEAPON *
ORCRIST
Great in adventures against many enemies, but most specifically, Goblins.

WEAPON *
GLAMDRING
Great in adventures against the most powerful and dangerous of enemies.

WEAPON *
STING
Great in adventures against smaller foes, which include the Giant Spiders of the forest.

And that sir is your lot. I hope that this is of some use to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aminadab Son of Ram
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you! This is extraordinarily helpful. I'm a bit of a noob to BGG and as such have earned no GG for a tip at the moment, but once I earn some ... this is certainly deserving!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradshaw
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are more than welcome chap. Hope it helps your experience of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.