Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Kimball
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I originally posted this in Kardinal & König: Das Kartenspiel's forum, but after no response for several weeks I decided to try my luck over here.

As the title suggests, is Richelieu playable by removing some of K&K's cards? Obviously the theme is a bit different, but I was wondering if I could simply PnP K&K and keep both rulesets on hand. That way it "becomes" a 2-5 player game and I don't have to PnP Richelieu on its own.

Does anyone know how hard this would be to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have K&K, but from what I remember from it, the cards are pretty different, with different symbols and quantities on them. So, my guess is it IS possible, but it's just too much hassle, since Richelieu is a PnP game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schacht
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
no it is not possible.
you’ll find the Richelieu cards on my site
http://michaelschacht.net/flriche0.html
see at downloads
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Kimball
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies--looks like I'll be printing BOTH sets so I can have a 2-player version and a mutliplayer version on hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As an alternative to printing both, Richelieu works reasonably well with up to four players if you add some additional player markers. I just use glass beads of different colors. I have not played K&KK to compare, partly because I do not expect it to be different enough to warrant printing a second set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Kimball
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gary, thanks for the tip. I think I'll settle on just Richelieu.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That said, 4P can get a little chaotic, especially once the rows start finishing up. It's good, but not something I'd routinely suggest for 4P.

Richelieu is excellent with 3P and 2P. For 2P, I now only play the official variant: the game ends after the third row (of four) is finished. That makes the game a lot more tense. With 3P or 4P, play until the last card is taken.

EDIT: typos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.