Memoir '44: Campaign Book – D-Day Supplemental» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Thoughts after first play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crazy Bob
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was our first campaign game. We only did the first "half" of this. I'm glad that there was for the most part, a lack of special units, and a lack of some other more detailed campaign rules, so we could just jump in and play.

First scenario was easy for the americans to win, because they could hop up on the hill for some cover, and still be able to shoot on that turn. The tree objectives were EXTREMELY important because there's an extra 3 points in the mix and you don't have to hold it. Opponent barely held me off from getting the second tree by calling up his reserve unit Running score: 4-3
Second scenario was a total disaster for the americans, they being completely shut out from winning any medals on that round. Looking back at it, had I realized this impending doom, I probably would not have tried to get a good general position, but rather try to kill anything.. ANYTHING before I die. with a 6 medal scenario, I though I would have more time, but no sir. Running score 4-9

Moving into the last scenario, I the Americans had to get a total shutout this time around to tie. It looked to be in the realm of possibles, until my opp rolled up an elite tank, totally ruining my day. Thankfully, I started with a Artillery Bombard card, using it as a barrage (yes we were using those optional rules), landing 2 hits, one from a flag. my opp then used the tank on the next two turns to take out the one and only guy he needed to seal the win
Overall ended up 2 points behind the axis. End Score 9-11

Wait, what the heck? I just realized that the tank couldn't start onboard. I may have to call in a do-over.

The only other comment I have here is that reinforcement rolls for Americans are utterly useless, being stuck in the water. I've got plenty of other units to be messing with, so why bother?

Anywho, kudos, Malcom, Kudos.... Looking forward to more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you are a fan of Malcolm, this one is coming up soon.
Dire Heroes: Gas Attack at Ypres

It is in production and he is almost ready to take orders I would think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ad79 wrote:

It is in production and he is almost ready to take orders I would think.

Soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.