United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
fierman wrote:
I picked up a second hand copy of AoS several months ago, and only today I found the time to actually check up on the contents of the box.
I bought the game 'as is' , but the #2 expansion was promised to be included.

Well, the map is there for sure, as well as the cover sheet, but no rules at all. I am wondering if besides the rules, the package should also include a separate income track and a goods/actions card.

(Actually, I am wondering whether the included cards are for the basic AoS, or specifically for this expansion)

To summarize: I would like to have a list on all included components on this expansion.

Thanks in advance!

What you have is the 2004 warfrog reprint of the 2003 Winsome expansion. The rules were on the back of the cover sheet, in English and German. Note that the warfrog Germany map has several errors, please see the thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/28500

The original Winsome expansion included a correct Income Display to correct some of the errors in the 2002 warfrog AoS printing.

The Germany map is now available from Eagle:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/55209/age-of-steam-ex...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
badge
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
mbmbmb
John Bohrer wrote:
The rules were on the back of the cover sheet, in English and German.

I just checked my copy of expansion #2 (Warfrog version). The rules were definitely on a separate sheet, not on the back of the black-and-white cover sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the rules were supposed to have been printed on the back of the cover. Anyway, send an email to us at winsome@fyi.net with your snail mail address and we will send you the rules, a correct Income Display and a Detroit '3' sticker for your misprinted warfrog 2002 gameboard.

Given that you have the '02 warfrog printing, you should have a look at:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/31589
which allow owners of the first warfrog printing of the Age of Steam game to update their rules so that they match the second warfrog printing rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, but I still don't have the email from you.
Send to winsome@fyi.net
Subject: Age of Steam help!
and a reminder of what you need in the body of the text with your mail address.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I got it this time!

It could well have been an uninformative subject line, since the 18 year old email address gets 400 emails a day and I trash those that just say "Hello", "No subject" and the like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.