Eliot Nelson
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
August222 wrote:
Zossima wrote:
I've been gaming for a few years now but now that I'm married I've been trying to find good games to get my wife involved in (Dominion and 7 Wonders have been hits so far...fingers crossed). This website and community has been an invaluable resource in helping me find games that I haven't heard about. I know I'll be here for a long time and I've been exploring different ways to contribute myself to all the geekness

Anyway, I just need 20 more GeekGold to get that Avatar and feel official and any help would be greatly appreciated!

I too am cultivating a gamer wife. Don't go into it with fingers crossed; you are cultivating the most excellent of women. I spent almost a year researching games. Carcassonne and Biblios were sure-fire hits. But after a year of reading 2-player husband recommendations, we recently launched Goa. Mission accomplished! Whoohoo! Heavy Euros with the wife!

Welcome and BGG will help you on your journey!

Yes, I have been scrutinizing many of the "Games I play with my Wife" threads. I know I have hope because just the other day SHE asked ME to play Dominion. I'll have her playing Brass in no time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett C
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only recently discovered this excellent site after searching for games to expand my collection.

I have been slowly introducing new players to board games and think it would be beneficial to have an avatar to demonstrate to those that I link to my posts that I am serious

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any assistance you can give.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madame Pom3
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much to everyone who helped!

Joe Norris
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmb

Nico Solitander
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
very hover
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Doug Mann
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Just Another User
United States
Mundelein
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Russell
Netherlands
Zutphen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Michele S
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ancestral Hamster
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Craig Coffin
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland and Labrador
flag msg tools
I like trains.
badge
Nikola Tesla, Rockstar Scientist
mbmbmbmbmb

Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb

Dave Caldwell
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb

Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Now people will be able to have an image to go along with the irritating posts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May 2012 = finished undergrad
June 2012 = moved
July 2012 = got married
Aug 2012 = started new job
Sept 2012 = given Ticket to Ride as a gift
Oct 2012 = started a bi-weekly game night
Nov 2012 = finally sucked my wife in to the hobby
Dec 2012 = bought my 20th board game
Jan 2013 = asked for a BGG avatar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Kozak
United States
Springfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been a stalker here on BGG for a coupe months. I joined because a friend told me how awesome the community is here. I'd love an avatar so I can have an identity! It'll probably be something Cthulhu related.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Schaughency
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

My husband got me into boardgaming when we were dating a couple of year back. This hobby of ours has grown exponentially after we got married last year. Now we have 100+ games and hold game nights bi-weekly. We hope to spread the love of board games to a greater community, including our friends and family.

I am still fairly new to BGG and haven't had an avatar. Having an avatar will definitely be a great step moving forward. Any help is highly appreciated!! Thanks! :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Schaughency
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kschaughency wrote:

My husband got me into boardgaming when we were dating a couple of year back. This hobby of ours has grown exponentially after we got married last year. Now we have 100+ games and hold game nights bi-weekly. We hope to spread the love of board games to a greater community, including our friends and family.

I am still fairly new to BGG and haven't had an avatar. Having an avatar will definitely be a great step moving forward. Any help is highly appreciated!! Thanks! :)

I want to thank Steve, Joe and Mandy for kindly donating the GG to make the avatar come true! Also, special thanks to all the following people who helped along the way. :D I really really excited and appreciated all the encouragement!

Teh Slipperboy

Allen Park
Michigan
msg tools
Wouldn't want to disappoint Frumpish...
mbmbmb

Joe Norris
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmb

Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb

Nico Solitander
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Littlemonk
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Young Forest Warrior
badge
Samurai trained to die with honor. Ninja trained to kill others. Shao-Lin trained to live forever!
mbmbmbmbmb

Dave Caldwell
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett C
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks to the following:

Joe Norris
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

Nico Solitander
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Dave Caldwell
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Peter Kinsley / PANRIL
Australia
Kenthurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Chosen by Danny Henning (dan_hnnng) As a consolation prize with the highest tip of 280.00 from my G4GG giveaway getting to choose my avatar for 280 days - till 7/10/2013
mbmbmbmbmb

Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Craig Coffin
Canada
St. John's
flag msg tools
I like trains.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ancestral Hamster
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Marc D
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Taylor
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
I Would very much like to have an avatar please. My Husband turned me on to this site, and I'm excited to join the community!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gemma R
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been on the site for a little over 2 years now... I mostly use the site to check if a game I'm looking at is worth getting or to help clarify things when rules seem a bit squiffy. I decided that it was about time that I got around to uploading an avatar and it's only now that I discovered that there's such a thing as geek gold...

If you look at my list of games you'll see that I not only own a decent number but that I've even rated a reasonable number of them. It's not like I'm a BGG virgin but I've still missed this entirely... A bit more poking around and I discover microbadges.

Erm yeah... Any help you could give me so that I could get an avatar and maybe even a microbadge or 2 would be greatly appreciated.

If it helps you decide: I play games with my partner and son, we have recently corrupted at least one non-gamer friend who is now an avid gamer. I'm a knitter and crocheter. I'm an avid supporter of disability rights and equality. Having a genetic condition which is slowly limiting your mobility helps you see both sides of the equation and people really need to be doing more to make things accessible for disabled people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tenchi

California
msg tools
Hi. My friend has recently gotten me to sign up for the site to do some Play-by-forum and I do not want to give other people a headache with me not having an Avatar (hard to identify posts if viewed on a mobile phone).

I am asking for some GeekGold because I heard you guys are awesome at that.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 247520. rossdelantar
  • 1d100 =
  • (9) =
  • Test
  • Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:00 am
Tenchi

California
msg tools
Thank you so much to the following:

Ancestral Hamster
August222
merc007
sdonohue
waferthinninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max S.
Germany
Bielefeld
NRW
flag msg tools
Well, I also don't want to be left behind, I guess.

I've been lurking the site since more or less a year now and decided to sign up two weeks ago to finally use this site as intended.
Then I added all my games to my collection and even started to add all plays, since I signed up.
Even used the marketplace to get me a new game.
Also I encountered the GeekQuestions, which are damn awesome and help me to distract myself from learning during uni.
There's just one minor issue which saddens me,and that's that everyone there which questions I answered or everyone who answered my questions has an avatar and some fine MicroBadges.

I really don't care that much for the MicroBadges, even if some of them are gorgeous, but I guess that I can deal with them later.
My main focus would be an avatar though.

Also I'm feeling a bit bad/cheap for asking this of you, to be honest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Kozak
United States
Springfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I want to say a big Thank You! to everyone that helped me get my avatar! Thanks to BGG's Christmas gift I've got 3 microbadges. Now I just need to figure out how to get enough gg to fill out my microbadge stable!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This is my clone
United States
Watertown
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In simply just feel like an outsider without an avatar. I have no face without one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryll Kemp
Scotland
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Me and a few friends have been using this site now for a couple months as we start our collections, so I've decided to sign up and get involved and hopefully be able to give something back to a community that has been very helpful in my pursuit of new gaming pleasure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Shackleton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I've only been playing board games as a group for about a year and a half now, and have used BGG to point me in the right directions on which games to buy. As a group, me and my friends have a pretty good collection, but I feel that the only way to continue from here is to succumb to geekness and dedicate a part of my life to BGG. What is my life without an avatar. Thank you for all the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Goodman
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
schwigityschwag wrote:
Thanks to BGG's Christmas gift I've got 3 microbadges. Now I just need to figure out how to get enough gg to fill out my microbadge stable!

I've got a coupon code leftover from Christmas that you can have. Consider yourself GM'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max S.
Germany
Bielefeld
NRW
flag msg tools
Hooray!
Thanks to the following awesome BoardGameGeeks I'm now an owner of one fine avatar!

Teh Slipperboy

Allen Park
Michigan
msg tools
Wouldn't want to disappoint Frumpish...
mbmbmb
Dave Caldwell
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nico Solitander
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Craig Coffin
Canada
St. John's
flag msg tools
I like trains.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
Doug Mann
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

N/A
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a really great idea. I'd be thrilled if someone would be so kind as to send a bit of Geek Gold my way. An avatar would help me feel like less of a newbie I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! That didn't take long. I'm not quite to an avatar yet, but many thanks to the members who have contributed GG to me so far!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vinny Gambini
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to have a face. Also, it's going to be a cat and everybody love cats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much to all of the generous users here who have enabled me to have an avatar! For the time being, I just used a picture I took of a Lords of Waterdeep session. I'm not sure if I'll keep it, but I don't feel quite so inadequate now at least!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Brien
United Kingdom
Reading
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bastet08 wrote:
I'd like to have a face. Also, it's going to be a cat and everybody love cats.

Agreed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma
United States
Finger Lakes
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes I write really long posts, and people seem to read them and respond. Sometimes I throw in a little tidbit (or some snark) and it gets completely overlooked--even by me as I read through the thread later--because entries with no avatars are so damn small. It's a conspiracy, I tell you!

Update: Gold! Thanks all, I'm one step closer to being one of them (instead of one of us).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  165 , 166 , 167 , 168 , 169  Next »  [293] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.