Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7083 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [284] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: No Geek Left Behind... (How to get an Avatar) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Avatar [+] community [+] fun [+] BGG_is_a_Community [+] communalism [+] [View All]
Raul Putnam

Whittier
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why I need an Avatar? First off I would like to say that avatars are really neat. All my friends make fun of me because I have no avatar, well I really don't have any friends but I see my dog looking at me with disaprovement. That is all thanks for your help.

Zero
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Basil
United States
Clayton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow it looks like more than a couple have received their avatar but we still need the support of the community! Keep reading and keep tipping! Every piece of counts! I have noticed that good responses earn great amounts of from the community!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kirckof
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets see I could use avatar to help establish my identity on board game geek. Right now I'm when post something I'm just that random person, I could be that one random person with the ____ avatar!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rommer Tuesta-Vilca
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Well I need an avatar to express myself and share the love with all of you

Thanks in advance

Merry Xmas!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sherry
Canada
Truro
NS - Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, you sir are a generous saint. I'd love to have an avatar. Its not something I'm likely to spend money on. I don't have the money to spend on many games, let alone avatars. But I certainly would like to have one, it really helps people recognize you quickly. And really, why deny the BBG the chance to gaze into my dreamy eyes, and movie star like beauty.

Thumbs up!

• [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Tan
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I don't really need an avatar. But I would love to have the GG to purchase more microbadges to tell everyone about the games I love!

P.S. My current microbadges are Twilight Struggle and 1960, and the next one I'm saving up for is Here I Stand.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Gator
United States
Apopka
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need an avatar so that people will understand my screen name. have just gotten back into boardgaming after wasting many years in the MMO space. I am also a new dad, so my BGG time is bits of stolen time here and there. Not enough to crank out the material to really earn the Geek Gold. So many thanks to any who are willing to support my cause. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Many Thanks Geek Gold Tippers. Now maybe people have an idea why I am "Rex" Gator. Remember if you are not a Gator you are Gator Bait!

• [+] Dice rolls
Todd Blackhurst
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great post and thanks for your generosity! My profile is empty because after a couple of years of reading BGG, I registered just last week. I have only posted a few pics since then, but will be adding more over the holidays. I have also submitted reviews only to have them rejected because of not putting enough thought or substance in them. That will change because I am determined to get better and to earn my avatar!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
Turtle Power
badge
all the way down
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a million! d^_^b
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Brown
United States
Endicott
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to make ends meet also gets in the way of searching for the elusive Geek Gold. My biggest letdown is the real world.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Seago
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Michael Basil = Awesomeness

So do you guys think my wife will like this one??? Nothing says manhood like a winged angel devil

Thanks again Michael!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hope-Jones
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm loving this thread. Thanks for the tips folks.

Feel the love!

Merry Christmas everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrick M
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, thanks a ton! Once I bought the avatar slot, I panicked and realized: I didn't have a specific avatar in mind! So, I decided on Power Girl making an awesomeface, for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarge in charge!
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatulûk
badge
Why should I fret in microcosmic bonds / That chafe the spirit, and the mind repress / When through the clouds gleam beckoning beyonds / Whose shining vistas mock man's littleness?
mbmbmbmb
basilmichael wrote:
I got about 100 that I want to give away and help those that don't have avatars. I have already given out over 200 but I thought that maybe the whole community could get into something like this and help others out. I am sure you remember the days of making a post and just having your name there.

So what am I asking? If you don't have an avatar first thumb this thread and then post why you need one.

If you are a geek that has a bunch of lying around feel free to give one of the geeks on this post some to make their avatar dreams come true. I have only 100 to give away so that is about the cost of 3 avatars. So I need your help! Even a tip of a couple of can make a difference.

I am not sure what this thread will do, but it would be cool if this became a place for helping out others and making sure there is NO GEEK LEFT BEHIND!

That, sir, is just wonderful!

Kudos to you and that nifty idea, I would give you more than one thumb and more but haven't got that much, so have some nickels and dimes at least to give to someone in need!

Threads like this once more show how great BGG is!

Spread the Love! And the Avatars!cool kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Fightmaster
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dear No Geek Left Behind / Santa,

Please help me get the last few GGs that I need to help me get a BGG Avatar. I have been a good boy all year and have refrained from shamelessly trolling threads for at least four months now. The reason that I would like an avatar is so that I can stand out from the crowd and hopefully make some of the cool geeks like me.

Love, kisses, hugs.

Max
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about us without banners?

Actually, I got my avatar because of the kindness of others... then the Geek Gold Lottery came along and all was lost... literally.

Everyone keep tipping!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My Baloney
United States
hamburg
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you guys get so much geek gold?
Really.. I know what to do (contributions, etc ) but it just seems like some of you have way too much time on your hands.

BTW, it's very nice of you to give to the less fortunate.
That's how I got my avatar, too.

Happy Holidays !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Perschbacher
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just don't know what i'd pick for an Avatar if i ever had enough GG to buy one.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Shiny!
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
liquidator8 wrote:
How do you guys get so much geek gold?

If you ever wonder, you can go to a user's GeekStuff page, click on Contributions, and see, though some items remain mysterious....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Naikelis
United States
Lyndhurst
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Help me Puh-LEASE! I want to look like all the cool kids on the block!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Molina
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I would love to be able to use this sweet name appropriate image
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandeep Kharkar
United States
Bountiful
UTAH (UT)
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Another geek without an Avatar or the time to gather enough .
I'd love to have one so I can stand tall among other Geeks.

Thank you in advance!
  • [+] Dice rolls
fred anderson
United States
las vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a BBG fanatic, and a huge lurker might come out of his shell with a smart avatar.
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.J. Condon
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I just joined the BGG forums a short while ago (after lurking for all my Agricola, Power Grid, Dominion, RftG, and other game-related needs), and am currently awaiting the publication of my first Agricola session report.

That said, I feel the need to pay tribute to my console-gaming heritage by proudly displaying a Servbot from Megaman Legends as my avatar.

Wouldn't be the first forum on which I've done so, certainly won't be the last.

*bows*
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Valeta
United States
Wilmette
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need an avatar because Santa would want all good gamers to have one!modest
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [284] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.