Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Smith
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this game for christmas, the 1978 Cadaco "King Tut's Game" version. Looks nice, but looking here I find that the proposed rules don't match up very much at all with other versions mentioned nor with information you can find when you pray to Google.

Here's some highlights of the included rules by Peter Piccione:
1. Of the 30 spaces on the board, 21 are marked. It's mostly superficial, but of note are that spaces 15 and 26 give a free throw, and space 16 (the netting) loses you a turn. 27 (the water) removes your piece from the board immediately.
2. Pieces are born both onto and off the board. Bearing on requires a natural cast of 1, and bearing off a natural 1-3 depending on the spaces 28-30. I say 'natural' rolls because:
3. Rolls may be split among pawns, so long as the full amount is used. If you cannot use the full amount, you must go backwards--and you can not mix and match forward and backward movement; all pawns must move the same direction.
4. There is no capturing of pieces!

Needless to say, this is quite different from the rules discussed in Seth's review, Terry's Egyptian Page, and others. So the purpose of this thread is to see what rules people tend to play by:

Poll
12. How many pieces per player?
13. Initial setup:
Pieces begin on board
Pieces must bear onto the board
14. A 'blank' throw is a
15. May a single cast be split among multiple pawns?
Yes
No
16. A single turn consists of:
A single throw
A single throw, but a result of 5/6 nets an additional turn
Throws of 1, 4 and 5/6 all net additional turns
Player records throws until getting a 2 or 3, then performs moves in any order among one or more pawns.
17. Capturing
No capturing involved
Captured piece is sent to attacker's original position.
Captured piece is sent to space 1
Captured piece is sent to space 15
Captured piece is removed from the board
18. Space 26
Player must stop here
Player must stop here but gets a free throw
Player must land by exact count, but gets a free throw
19. Landing on Space 27 (water)
Removes the pawn from the board
Sends the pawn to space 1
Sends the pawn to space 15
Traps the pawn, and player must either throw a 4 or choose to send the pawn to space 15 before moving any other pawn.
      41 answers
Poll created by Jormungandr83

Note, I decided not to include rules that are fairly universal, such as 2 or more pawns in sequence being protected, and 3 or more blocking the path; spaces 28-30 requiring exact throws to bear off; etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is that we don't know what the actual rules were, as there are no written instructions passed down. So every set of rules is someone's best guess as to what they might have been.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's why I didn't ask what the real rules were, just which ones people tended to use
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce V
United States
Decatur
Alabama
flag msg tools
I'm surprised I have GG to throw around on frivolous stuff like this.
mbmbmbmbmb
Silly ancient Egyptians! They should have printed the instructions on the inside of the box instead of on that little piece of papyrus that you always lose right after you break the shrink wrap and open the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.