Axis & Allies: 1942» Forums » General

Subject: Big AA42 map! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow the way it changes the game when you got a map with ... roooom!

I made it printed 5 feet wide on a kind of "oilcloth" (I'm not sure for the translation ... a kind of souple plastic canvas ...):

The point is I don't remember where I got the link ... maybe on geekdo.com but you can find some big map links here or there ...

It changes everything!

GG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Tremble
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
Very cool ,I'm sure it makes a big difference , being able to clearly see where your units are on the map & in which territories they are in !
Some have said here on the forums that they had the map copied larger at Staples store. I haven't checked out this option yet but plan to as I've painted over all the European territories to lighten up the colors and make the bounderies clearer. I plan on leaving off the bottom part off the map that has the tracking charts etc. as I'll get those from my other A&A games. BTW my grandfather Jared DeVillier , was with the 1st US Infantry Divsion came ashore D-Day plus 1 , seriously wounded one month later or so close to Cherbourge. That is one of many reasons I like to play these game to keep the memories alive of those that served.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yop: to print this giant board on this special material cost me 50 euros (the game itself costed only 30 euros ... lol!)!

About your grandfather: I send you all my respect from France for the memory of Jared DeVillier and all thoses heroes who fought & died for our european countries & for the free world!

As I allready said on another part of this website: whatever say thoses medias about the politic of USA & Europe: there are people right here who will allways remember the real history and love & support american people and their troops! And I will learn that to my son.

To be true about Axies and Allies: here we allways have a problem to decide who's gonna play the germans ... so bad memories ... (I say that with respect for the actual young germans) ... but in 1942: the story wasn't that fun ... my parents told me: no fun at all!

In memory of Jared DeVillier and his mates:
Long live to the free people and free world!

With best regards!

GG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Midgame saver:

LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Tremble
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
Greetings !
Thank you for your kind comments. I wrote a longer reply but lost it
will finish it later. But thanks again.
sincerely Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jhon Pand
Greece
flag msg tools
Thanks from Greese, the Heroic country of WWII

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.