Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Teeter
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is Haydens (5yrs old) first boardgame review.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCormick
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
Tasteless Brute
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome review. I usually dislike video reviews, but I loved yours. Keep it up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice review! He's an articulate 5 year old and did a good job...in fact, I don't think he stumbled over his words as much as some reviews I've seen Tom Vassal do. whistle

I noticed one mistake, though it was one that I could see you purposely overlooking in the interest of keeping the rules simple for Hayden. He moved his Armor 3 hexes on the beaches, even though units are limited to 2 hexes when moving on that terrain. It's impressive that he knows the rules so well.

Thanks for sharing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Gen. George S. Patton only had a game like this when he was five years old...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Kemp
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a refreshing review! Thank you Hayden as this was very enjoyable and I agree with Jesse, you're a very articulate 5 year old, I'm sure someday down the line we'll see your name on Memoir '44 Tournament ladders but until them I hope to see more "Hayden Reviews"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent review. I always appreciate a different perspective. I hope the next review is of Die Macher, or perhaps The Campaign for North Africa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 5 years old?
Amazing!!
I can't even get my 14 year old son to talk that much in a week!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Sieradzki
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
We don't stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great review, indeed.

Another 5 year old kid perspective:
My 5 year old daughter Michelle loves our simple battles we fight on the Memoir board with some obstacles (mostly hills). The rules are simplified of course and we don't even use cards, but she'll go deeper in the system some day (I hope!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! I see a academic scholarship in this young boy's future
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic review! Well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Haha that was a great review! Hope to see more of them. My five year old niece only plays Cootie, Don't Break The Ice, and Candyland . Maybe I should try introducing her to some of my simpler games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if players from this Forum ever head over to the Days of Wonder web site (you should if you don't), but this video review is the latest update on the DoW blog!

Hayden is famous!

http://blog.daysofwonder.com/?p=1238&language=en
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Teeter
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for sharing your comments.... Hayden is over the moon. He loves hearing from people from different parts of the world. PS He turned 6 today and he got the "Eastern Front" expansion.

Here is a word from Hayden.

"Thank you I like the comments you gave me. I'll do more reviews. No I'll do a hundred reviews. Thanks for watching me. you can watch more at my website. I think this smily face is awesomezombie -Hayden"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rasmussen81 wrote:
Very nice review! He's an articulate 5 year old and did a good job...in fact, I don't think he stumbled over his words as much as some reviews I've seen Tom Vassal do. whistle

I noticed one mistake, though it was one that I could see you purposely overlooking in the interest of keeping the rules simple for Hayden. He moved his Armor 3 hexes on the beaches, even though units are limited to 2 hexes when moving on that terrain. It's impressive that he knows the rules so well.

Thanks for sharing!

onto beaches

and he threw three dice with the tanks, whereas they could only throw 2 (attacking an infantry unit on a hill)

but again, like you said, that did seem to be for the purpose of keeping the rules simple for this video!

---------------------------------

Awesome job, I'm astounded at what a good job he does! Thumbs up! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Weaver
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Not a teleprompter in sight.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.