Popular Tags: [View All]
John Crawford
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
January 8, 2010 Game Session

Players: Myself, JoAnna (wife), Grace (daughter 9yo), Madeline (daughter 6yo)

The first game was Kinder Bunnies, which is a kids version of Killer Bunnies. We played the beginners game since Maddy was playing with us, and the rules differ slightly from Killer Bunnies. In Kinder Bunnies, the game is won by the person with the most carrots and bunnies, rather than by luck of the draw (though this is how the really advanced ruleset works).

Maddy and I started the game out roughly even as we played bunnies and collected carrots. Game started without any bunnies and had to discard her first few turns. When the draw deck emptied, I thought I’d have the game nailed down as I had all bunny cards in my hand, however JoAnna had other plans, since she targetted my bunnies twice at the end to bring me just one card short in the end. Maddy beat us all with a score of 6.

January 11, 2010 Game Session

Players: Myself, JoAnna (wife), Grace (daughter 9yo), Madeline (daughter 6yo)

We had fun with this game the first night, however it was time to go full force, and play with ALL cards. So we got to play the super advanced variant which was MUCH more fun than the first, even though the winner is picked randomly (which I’ll comment more on later).

So I set the game up and Maddy started out with the first good news, as she was dealt a Bunny Buck which she got to play. She also got a bunny on the table right away. Grace and JoAnna also followed up with a bunny. But where’s my bunny?! Round 2, 3, 4, .., 123, 124, ... Well, at least it seemed like that long. Everyone was playing bunny cards, but here I was having to discard left and right. Everyone else was collecting carrots, but where are MY carrots?!

FINALLY! I get a bunny, and immediately, Madeline tries to play a feed the bunny card on it, however I counter with a cabbage! Ha, take that! And then I get to FINALLY take a carrot. Fonzie, you are mine! Next turn around, and I play another carrot, which ends the game.

We clean up all the cards except the carrot cards and see that JoAnna has a total of 4 cards, while Grace, Madeline, and I each have 2. As we start flipping through the losing cards, we eliminate our carrots, and Madeline is the first out. Next out is Grace. I still have both my carrots and JoAnna is also down to 2, so we’re on equal footing. Back and forth, we each lose one, so we’re left to the final card. And the winner is... Not me. JoAnna wins the game.

Now back to the way to win the game. Some people may not like the way that you can have the majority of the carrots, and still lose to the person who only has one, but I kind of like it in this game. As this is a fun, family, social game, it helps to give the kids more of a chance to win. It also helps show the kids that winning isn’t everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.