$10.00
Pete Grey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played "real" 40k before and am curious about it. I have the chance to jump in a small intro level game at my local game shop, but don't know how much of an point value army I've got.

I've got Space Hulk 2nd ed and Battle For Macragge sets fully painted and ready to go. Plus a couple extras I picked up.

I was wondering if someone could tell me how the following would be equaled or calculated?

From my Warhammer 40,000: Battle for Macragge set
7 Space Marines with Bolter
1 Space Marine with Flamer
1 Space Marine with Missile Launcher
1 Brother Sergeant Octavian with bolt pistol and chain sword
1 pilot with a one handed Bolter

From my Space Hulk (second edition) 2nd ed
2 Sergeant Terminators with power sword and storm bolter
2 Space Marine Terminators with heavy flamers
6 Space Marine Terminators with Storm Bolters

Extras
1 Dreadnought with flamer and missile launcher
1 Rhino

What would the point value for an army like that be?

Like I said, I've only played those set games of Space Hulk and Battle for Macgragge. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ironic, WE have been talking through email,

That force would be under 1000 pts. The pilot is basically unusable for the marine army.

Roughly 120 pts for the regular marines and probably 300 pts or so for the terminators.

Dread maybe 100 pts and rhinos I think are around 50 pts. It has been a while and points change in the various versions.

It would be good to get a space marine codex or borrow one from a 40K player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Grey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! Thanks for the assist.

Wow, just under 600 then. That's it?

I'm trying to avoid purchasing a $30 codex book until I've tried it out a few times. I'm happy with what I've got in those 2 games and want to proceed with utmost caution into the 40k world. I could see how one could get sucked into it.

I was hoping to get in just

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.