Thumb up
2 Posts

Pachisi» Forums » Variants

Subject: Turbo-parchis: a variant for Parchis (Spanish Pachisi) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sergut _
msg tools
Turbo-parchis is a variant for the Spanish classic Parchis (see the board here, see also, but the basic idea can be reused with other flavours of Pachisi.

Spanish classic Parchis

In the classic Spanish game, players throw one 6-sided die per turn and move one pawn, if they can:

1234 just allows you to move a pawn in-game. If you can move only one, you cannot choose not to move. If you can move more than one, you can choose which one.
5 makes the player draw a pawn from the starting point into the game, instead of moving. If you do not have pawns to draw, you can can move an in-game pawn 5 positions.
6 allows the player to move 6 spaces and throw the die again. However, if you roll three 6s in a row, you must send the last pawn moved back to the starting point (and roll 5s to draw it, etc).

- If all your pawns are drawn, a 6 makes you move 7.
- If you capture an enemy pawn, you move a pawn 20 spaces (if you can).
- If you put a pawn at the final position ("home"), you are allowed to move a pawn 10 spaces (if you can). You have to get to the last position with an exact roll. If you roll in excess, you must go back the remains of your roll (some people say you just cannot move).

In Turbo-Parchis, an additional level of strategy is added to the game by playing with different dice: a d4, a d6, a d8 and a d10 d10-9 are used. Some people even play with d12s and d20s; I do not think I have ever heard of people playing with d30s. The rest of the rules do not change.

The choice of the die usually depends on the most pressing action:

- If you want to run fast, you use the d10 (and then you roll a 1 and everybody laughs).
- If you need to draw pawns, you roll the d6 because it maximises the probability of rolling 5.
- If you want to capture somebody else's pawn, or to go into you use the tightest die available, even a d4.

Turbo-parchis makes for a faster and slightly more tactic game.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teresa NG
flag msg tools
Hi Sergut!
I have found a website where you can play turbo parchis for free and I thought it was nice to post it here.
The site is [geekurl=][/geekurl] and the rules are similar to the ones you are explaining, but in this case you play with 2 dice and can move 2 pawns.
Hope you like it!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.