1 Posts

Enuk» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Quick review of Enuk: a good children's game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote a session report of Enuk almost two years ago. I haven't played it since, but yesterday I thought I'd give it a go with my son, who's now three and half and starting to figure out games. We're playing, for example, Click Clack, Mago Magino, My First Carcassonne and Gulo Gulo.

I won't go over the rules, as the English rules are available at Geek.

Enuk worked well. The first part of the game is simple: open tiles until you want to stop or animals get scared. Mostly luck, some push-your-luck involved. Then there's the clean-up where players who draw igloo tiles get to guess where animals are, involving some memory.

I like the game. It's simple, very easy to play and it doesn't really matter if the kid is losing focus, as parental guidance is easy ("do you want to stop or turn more tiles? I think you should stop now"). There's plenty of luck and some memory involved, so the playing field is fairly level.

The components are good quality, the art is a bit bland perhaps but works well.

All in all, Enuk is one of my favourite children's games right now as I find the game play fun for myself, it works well with just two players and Nooa seems to enjoy it as well. It's pretty much within Nooa's grasp, too, except I guess he'd never stop turning tiles until he's forced to stop - but that doesn't hurt a lot, and I can always tell him to stop if he has a good, but dangerous position.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.