Subject: Harlow Morgan - Quick Thinking Ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Quick question. Can you use Harlow Morgan's 'Quick Thinking' ability more than once in a fight round (e.g. Pay 6 investigation to get +3 fight dice) or only once.

My interpretation of the ability text on the card is that you can only use it once per fight round but multiple times per fight (i.e. you can pay 2 investigation to add 1 fight dice every fight round)

This is the way I have been playing but just wanted to check if this is correct.

Cheers,
Wookie78

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Gloom of Kilforth Kick Starts August 28th
badge
Gloom of Kilforth Kick Starts August 28th
mbmbmbmbmb
It says this may be used multiple times per fight, and a fight may often last only one round, so I'd say yes, you can pay 6 Inv to get +3 Fight. It's balanced because that would be extremely costly, especially since you could buy a padded jacket for the same price!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Sagat
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
The Quick Thinking ability is in no way balanced in my experience. Just last night, with a few items and a stock pile of investigation I had no better use for, I was able to roll 52 fight die against the Banshee (who had 34 life at the time of the showdown). Thanks to tools of science + scroll of knowledge I was able to reroll all the misses once for free... I killed her in one round. Take Harlow and his Quick Thinking ability for what you will, but I've never seen it not end with something retarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.