Subject: Are tower levels limited? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In our last game we ran out of tower levels (German: "turmteile/stockwerke") of one colour. We weren't sure they are meant to be limited by 16 as included in the game.
Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kearon
United Kingdom
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
badge
That's an interesting question.

I didn't encounter this in my single 2-player game, but now that you mention it there are 8 towers possible in each colour. If every tower reached it's maximum height of 4, then 32 tower pieces would be required for each colour, but only 16 are provided.

I can only assume that the tower pieces must be deliberately limited, and recognising when the supply is running short is part of what players have to watch out for.

Some sort of official answer would be nice though - or at least could someone point out if something is in the German rules but missing from the unofficial English translation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked Hans im Glück and got a fast answer:

"they are limited. In numbers of levels (up to max. 4) and in the
complete numbers. When they are finished no one can built one..."

That's clear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve+Jackie McKeogh
United Kingdom
Okehampton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I missed anything in the rules, so its good to get a definite answer.
Our copy of the game has arrived today and unfortunately our tower levels are even more limited - no black tower pieces at all! Hopefully Hans im Glück will again be as quick to respond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you didn't miss it. I learned the game from the original German rules which do not mention it either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fledermaushaus wrote:
Our copy of the game has arrived today and unfortunately our tower levels are even more limited - no black tower pieces at all! Hopefully Hans im Glück will again be as quick to respond.

I hope you got your tower pieces since. I bought Wikinger some weeks ago and had one yellow meeple missing. They were not reluctant to send it to me; it arrived just this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.