Subject: Scoring Big at the Zoo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My daughter (12 years old) is not that interested in gaming, but loves animals and I was able to get her to play this due to the theme. We had Zooloretto at one point, but found that very dry and fiddly. On the other hand, our whole family enjoys O Zoo le Mio, and particularly my daughter. In addition to loving animals she has a real knack for this game somehow. I have not tried to analyze her strategy, but she routinely beats us. Our latest game today (3 player) had her scoring 159 points with 11 tiles by game's end and 6 benches. I am assuming that is an extremely high scoring 3-player (I don't think my son and I really played that poorly - but obviously we did). Does everyone agree that 159 is a high 3-player score. Also are there similar games my daughter may enjoy? Animal theme is not crucial, but doesn't hurt. She didn't really care for Carcassonne: Hunters and Gatherers though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eleven tiles, 6 benches and 159 points is a pretty good score for 3 players. Sounds like you and your son were giving her a few too many opportunities. This is one of those games where good defensive play (keeping key tiles away from your opponents) will actually help you as much as winning a good tile for yourself. But 6 benches is pretty good no matter how you slice it! Sounds like your daughter has some good spacial reasoning ability. You might try another game that has spacial reasoning as part of the game. Maybe a game like Through the Desert would work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yes, I'll bet she would love the taffy colored camels in Through the Desert!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.