KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
Link: http://www.warfroggames.com/index.html

Info from website:

Quote:
Warfrog will be changing its name to Treefrog, so Gettysburg will be the last Warfrog game. The change of name is mainly to increase our appeal to the German market (A US soldier frog with a sub machinegun does not go down well with the family market over there). At some point between now and June the new Treefrog site will be up and running.

Age of Industry open for preorder as part of 2010 3-game subscription

The subscription window is now open. We will be taking subscriptions for the next three Treefrog games up until the 30th of April. The three games in the subscription offer are

Age of Industry

London

A Few Acres of Snow

With Treefrog we will be switching to a new production model. Rather than producing 1500 copies of a title and then licensing it we will now be retaining the rights to future titles and reprinting if demand allows it. The first print run will normally be around 3000 units. Of these 1000 will be converted to a limited edition by the replacement of some components by custom made wooden pieces. These copies will be signed and numbered. The limited edition copies will only be available from Treefrog, they will not be available in shops.

If you wish to know more about subscribing to the next three Treefrog games then please click here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Great Barford, Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Just checking:

By subscribing you will definitely get a limited edition signed and numbered copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
tel999 wrote:

Just checking:

By subscribing you will definitely get a limited edition signed and numbered copy?

That is my understanding, but you may want to email them to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Great Barford, Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
You can subscribe to the next three Treefrog games here, which means that you will receive one copy of each title as they are released. This will be the limited edition version, of which there will be 1,000 for each title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
tel999 wrote:

Just checking:

yes, probably providing that you are one of the first 1000 to order

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Springer
United States
Brooklyn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh, meant to head over to Warfrog on the 1st to subscribe, forgot about this until now. Been really looking forward to AoI and London :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xlyce wrote:
tel999 wrote:

Just checking:

yes, probably providing that you are one of the first 1000 to order

I don't expect that we will get 1000 subscriptions but if things keep going at the current rate of take up we will be fully subscribed by the end of this month

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
ah bummer, 1 title is a reimplementation of a favorite that I already own (see AoI and/or Brass threads for discussion probably best not to rehash here), 1 is a two player war game (not a war gamer, and already have too many 2-player games that are hard to hit the table), leaving only London which sounds interesting (either Thurn and Taxis and/or Roborally sounding mechanisms just from the brief description, though likely completely different).

US$60/game shipped if you subscribe, think I'll pass and I'll keep an eye on London and see how much the 2,000 copies of the standard edition end up going for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Basil
United States
Clayton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed no 3 player only game this time around. Is this subscription cost lower than last years?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.