Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Marsella
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a six player game where the resources were horded. More than once there were not enough resources to fill the market. What is the official rule on this? (We had a edict vote to fill top to bottom or vice versa)whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did it feel like people were hoarding them? For me, it was more of a situation of not wanting to commit so many people to buy the goods once all the "1" and "2" spots were taken.

It was just my first game so I might be wrong, but it seems that the ease of obtaining goods would increase dramatically with fewer players as the cards that set them up are the same for a 6 player game as a 3 player game.

I did think that our solution was a good one - have an additional vote to determine which way to fill the orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Marsella
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
O.K. Horde was the wrong word. With all those people(6 players) fighting for contracs, there were more resources held back for better opportunities in later turns. What did you think of your first play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoyed it.

Yes, there is a bit of chaos to the game and it is difficult to plan out too far ahead as things change repidly, but I can say that several of the things I DID plan for came to fruition exactly as I had planned. I think there will always be some things that can always thwart your intentions (like the vote to have two ships set sail immediately which screwed several players) BUT that was something I was planning for and it worked so is it really that chaotic?

I guess from their standpoint, yes, but from mine - definately not.

I'm still hoping you get an answer to your question,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Duarte
Portugal
2870-122 Montijo
flag msg tools
:-)))
badge
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any official answer on this (Resourse Shortage)?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.