Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After some players asked me several questions about the rules I though to gather all of them (an a pair more I think are useful) and write a small F.A.Q. for the game.

First of all I'll publish it here, later I'll gather everything and publish it as a PDF file, with a little bit of artwork.

Q: Do i get extra points if I assign singers to the roles with the correct sex?
A: No, you just get -1 points for every singer who covers a role with a wrong sex (i.e.: assigning a male singer to a female role)

Q: Singers are assigned to the roles in the very same sequence I hire them? (i.e. first singer plays Turandot, second singer plays Calaf and so on?)
A: No. After the last game round you can freely assign singers to the various roles. You can use your selection cards as a template in order to make the assignment easier and more clear.

Q: Do I have to keep the carpenter or the costumist card once I hired one of them?
A: No, you return the card at the end of the round, to be available again. You mark the extra point generated by those characters using the money card you played to hire them (see the small star in the corner?)

Q: Can I use more than one money card at once to hire the carpenter or the costumist, thus gaining more points at once?
A: No. Every time you hire a carpenter or a costumist you "convert" just one money card into money.

Q: More than two players wanted to hire the carpenter or the costumist. What happens?
A: The two cards are assigned in clockwise order among the players who tried to hire them, starting with the player owning the Puccini card. Players who do not receive a card keep their money cards and are assigned a singer by the player who owns the Puccini card.

Q: Do I get a singer on every game round?
A: Yes: every player gets a singer (or a director) on every game round, either by voluntarily hiring him or having it assigned by the player who own the Puccini card. At the end of the game every player will have six singers and a director.

Q: Do i get minus points if I do not assign a singer with a preferred role to the specific role at the end of the game?
A: No. Specific roles for singers just grant +1 points if you assign them to the proper role.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good ones.

From the two games we played until now we were playing the money wrong

You have to discard the money after use for an auction, not return it to your hand... so it decreases through the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Joeyeti wrote:
Good ones.

From the two games we played until now we were playing the money wrong

You have to discard the money after use for an auction, not return it to your hand... so it decreases through the game.

Yes, it decreases.

Yet, you just discard the money cards if they are actually USED.

For example: you want singer #2 and play the card #2 along with a money card. Another player selects card #2 along with TWO money cards (he really wants that singer badly...): as a result, he discards the two money cards and grabs the singer. You are assigned with a singer by the player who owns the Puccini card, yet you keep the money card, as it has not been used to hire the singer.

Is this clear?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I got it already when we clarified it together after our second game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.