United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ERRATA
3.1.2 SURVIVOR STATUS CARD

Buffey
Skills: "Buffy can spend an action to attempt to heal herself or an adjacent survivor." There is no explanation regarding how to resolve the "attempt." I assume that it is 2D6 against her reputation, but I don't know if she needs one or two successes.
[Mark H. Walker] 1 Success.

3.1.2 SURVIVOR STATUS CARD & 12.0 SCENARIOS THE CURE
Professor
Skills: "Once per game, rather than meleeing a zombie, the Professor can attempt to cure it. Roll 2D6, if he rolls two successes the zombie is cured. See the Cure." However, when I go to the referenced scenario, in the SPECIAL RULES, it says the following: "....Once per game, in lieu of meleeing a zombie in his hex, the Professor can attempt to cure a zombie. Roll 2D6 and compare each die to the Professor's Rep. If the Professor has a least one success, he cures the zombie...." So, which is correct, one success or two successes?
[Mark H. Walker] One.

QUESTIONS
4.0 OTHER MARKERS
4.1 WEAPONS
There are "2X PISTOL" weapons markers in the marker mix. I know I can get one from the "Loot Deck" but, if I have two individual pistol markers on my Survivor Status Card, can I substitute one 2X PISTOL marker for two individual pistol markers? If yes, does that constitute a "Switching Weapons" action for that turn?
[Mark H. Walker] Yes.

4.6 MEDKIT Is the MEDKIT a one-use piece of gear, like DRUGS, or a multi-use piece of gear?
[Mark H. Walker] One use.

5.0 PLAYING THE GAME
5.2 HOW TO PLAY

3. Are survivor impulses sequential, i.e., does one survivor complete his/her impulse before the next survivor begins his/her impulse?[Mark H. Walker] Yes

3. If sequential, are survivor impulses completed in any order or in reputation order, i.e., Rep 5's before Rep 4's before Rep 3's?[Mark H. Walker] Rep order.

6.0 MOVING
May a survivor move through a zombie occupied hex and not stop?[Mark H. Walker] No

7.0 ACTIONS
If a survivor begins his/her turn in a hex with zombie(s), can the survivor still take an action in that hex (other than "Give gear or weapon to an adjacent survivor" action)?
[Mark H. Walker] Two options: 1) Leave hex, 2) Melee zombies.

10.0 FINDING STUFF
10.3 FINDING WEAPONS, MEDKITS, AND OTHER STUFF

If a survivor, with weapons or gear on their Survivor Status Card, dies, can other survivors "search" the hex for the weapons or gear that was on the now dead survivor's Survivor Status Card?
[Mark H. Walker] No, but that is a good idea.

11.0 GENERATING ZOMBIES
If, in the process of generating zombies at the beginning of a scenario, a zombie is placed in a hex with a survivor, does that generate an immediate melee?[Mark H. Walker] Place adjacent instead.

12.0 SCENARIOS
When a scenario requires a survivor to enter via a board edge, do half-hexes count as an entry point?[Mark H. Walker] Yes.

Thx to Mark for taking the time to answer my questions. zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very, very awesome effort, David!

Interesting that the boardgame plays sequentially and the miniature game is simultaneous. The differences between the two mediums probably accounts for that. Miniature games tend towards realism; boardgames tend to be more abstract. Trying simultaneous movement with the boardgame was messy, and the tendency was to default to sequentially anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:

4.6 MEDKIT Is the MEDKIT a one-use piece of gear, like DRUGS, or a multi-use piece of gear?
[Mark H. Walker] One use.

Damn. Makes more sense, but I like the way I interpreted it better, which was multi use.

Quote:

3. If sequential, are survivor impulses completed in any order or in reputation order, i.e., Rep 5's before Rep 4's before Rep 3's?[Mark H. Walker] Rep order.

This really sucks. I almost wish I hadn't read this one. Maybe I'll pretend I didn't.

Quote:

6.0 MOVING
May a survivor move through a zombie occupied hex and not stop?[Mark H. Walker] No

Doesn't this go against what ed has been telling us? Imo, it make sense. Those zombies aren't just gonna let you walk by. My question is, if this happens to be during a runaway, do you have to take the wanting to charge test? What about if it's not during a runaway?

Quote:

10.0 FINDING STUFF
10.3 FINDING WEAPONS, MEDKITS, AND OTHER STUFF

If a survivor, with weapons or gear on their Survivor Status Card, dies, can other survivors "search" the hex for the weapons or gear that was on the now dead survivor's Survivor Status Card?
[Mark H. Walker] No, but that is a good idea.

This is how I played it. I like it.

Quote:

11.0 GENERATING ZOMBIES
If, in the process of generating zombies at the beginning of a scenario, a zombie is placed in a hex with a survivor, does that generate an immediate melee?[Mark H. Walker] Place adjacent instead.

Cool. this is how I did it as well. Didn't make sense to not place them or place them on the survivor.

Quote:

12.0 SCENARIOS
When a scenario requires a survivor to enter via a board edge, do half-hexes count as an entry point?[Mark H. Walker] Yes.

[/q]

I can live with that. Do half hexes count for all other instances as well? Example, on one of the boards, not sure which one, the only thing separating a row of trees from the board's edge is a half hex. In determining the shortest path for the zombies to move around the trees to the survivor on the other side, is the half hex legal if using it would result in the shorter path?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Mark has the definitive answers on the board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
az_sunsets73 wrote:
Mark has the definitive answers on the board game.

Ed, please note that this isn't mean't to critize your efforts, blush but I am looking for answers specific to the board game as published. Thx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Understood. I'll only direct people to pages in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.