Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
~Ryan McSwain
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a topic that was interesting to me, so I thought I would share the information here.

This post concerns the version of Pit pictured below. Mine looks nearly the same as this Canadian copy pictured below, but lacks the French on the cover. The copyright on the box is 1983.

Most copies of Pit allow up to 8 players, and another copy I have only plays 7. The 1983 copy is a pretty sweet one to own: it lacks the orange bell, but it allows 3-10 players!

The commodities are still 9 cards each, and include the following (points for each are in parenthesis): wheat (100), soybeans (55), rye (70), corn (75), sugar (65), barley (85), oats (60), hay (50), cocoa (80), and flax (40). The bull and bear cards are also included.

The only downside is that if you want to use a bell when you play, you'll have to scavenge one from elsewhere. I took mine from that 7-player copy I had. It's incomplete anyway.

I finally scored a complete copy off of eBay. Best of luck to anyone looking to play a boxed copy of Pit with a larger group. I haven't tried it with that many yet, but would love to hear if any of you have.

Hope this info helps in your future Pit purchases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Gander
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a friend with a copy that claims to play 2-8 (or it might be 2-6, I forget). Special 2 player rules are not included...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benny Gee wrote:
I have a friend with a copy that claims to play 2-8 (or it might be 2-6, I forget). Special 2 player rules are not included...

The 2-player game is the best: everybody always wins!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gallagher
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep hoping that the 10-player deck gets reprinted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.