Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Stenzel
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone used the research and development from Revised or AA50 for 1942? How has it affected the game and which R&D was used, Revised or AA50?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Hidalgo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
my crew has been working in the Weapon Development Tech. from
A&A50: Anniversary and National advantages from A&A Revised. they needed some tweaking overall. haven't play-tested what we have currently.

We also use certain HOUSE Rules that are important because we have worked the Tech. and Advantages based on how we play.

for example: Original Rules state Damage to 2 hit boats are repaired after Combat
our Battleships and Carriers are 2 hits but to repair it merely has to survive 1 full round after taking damage.
ie. if Japan attacks hawaii (round 1) ((COMBAT insues and Retreat)) Japans Battleship has ahit and Americas Carrier has a hit. they both get a Japanese Flag to mark hit. At Beginning of Japans Next Turn, Damages are removed. we felt it gave the other powers a chance to fight Damaged fleets

Ill get a list &post them all here in a few.

We want to get other opinions on what we came up with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stenzel
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keredrex wrote:
my crew has been working in the Weapon Development Tech. from
A&A50: Anniversary and National advantages from A&A Revised. they needed some tweaking overall. haven't play-tested what we have currently.

We also use certain HOUSE Rules that are important because we have worked the Tech. and Advantages based on how we play.

for example: Original Rules state Damage to 2 hit boats are repaired after Combat
our Battleships and Carriers are 2 hits but to repair it merely has to survive 1 full round after taking damage.
ie. if Japan attacks hawaii (round 1) ((COMBAT insues and Retreat)) Japans Battleship has ahit and Americas Carrier has a hit. they both get a Japanese Flag to mark hit. At Beginning of Japans Next Turn, Damages are removed. we felt it gave the other powers a chance to fight Damaged fleets

Ill get a list &post them all here in a few.

We want to get other opinions on what we came up with.

Sounds good. Ship repair sounds like it came from AAP40 which is a new rule that I like. I would like to see the list you put together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Hidalgo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
My gaming crew are SLOWLY play testing the advantages we gathered from the older games and things we found online.

THE THOUGHT PROCESS…
We figured to keep game balance we didnt want to make too many changes.
... in A&A Revised.. Radar was an Advantage for Britain Only.
but in AA50 it became a Tech Development for anyone. so when looking at the advantages list from revised I decided to merge what i could.

in a game while using Tech. Development rules and advantages, you can rationalize that its an advantage for a country to get a Tech. Development for free and at the start of the game.
(Remember the Old Axis advantage rule for The Original A&A game. that was basically giving the axis a free tech. development at the start)

The list below is our 1st run with advantages.. some are from the revised list some are tech. developments from A&A50.

(For example: in revised Russia had LEND LEASE (very unbalancing). online i found the replacement KATYUSHA ROCKETS: awesome, but felt it was still Unbalancing the games, so instead we used the tech. development ADV. ARTILLERY).. Still with me... Good... now here is our 1st list...

THE ADVANTAGES……
Russia - Adv. Artillery
• Each Artillery Improve 2 Inf.

Germany - Luftwaffe Dive-Bombers
• If No Defending Ftr. Att roll 4 (5 with jet ftrs?) (1st Cycle Only)

Britain - Commonwealth Troops
• During mobilize new units phase, you may place 1 inf. for free in any tan territ you control with a value higher than 1 IPC (2 or More IPC's) If territory contains an IC, can not mobilize more units than value allows.

Japan - Dug-In Defenses (revised)
• All your inf. on islands are immune to shore bombardment and defend on a 3.

USA - Paratrooopers
• 1 Inf. Per Bomber. Must Leave From Same Territ. Bomber Must Stop In 1st Hostile Territory in Flight Path. Bomber and Infantry can Attack (Para trooper Inf. Unit Cannot Retreat)

THE OUTCOME……
This became one of the top 3 games we have ever played.

Russia built a bit more artillery units to maximize his potential.

Germany's bomber was used alot more often on IPC bombing.

Britain had a line of troops moving north from South Africa.

Japan was running over eastern russia, and chinese territs (rolls were in Japans favor). also, uncontested in the pacific and Took Hawai and had forces there to threaten america (forcing them to build a fleet outside of california).

USA had 4 bombers and used them in aiding african battles (from its flow to north africa). and at times hit germany with all 4 in ipc bombing

we had to save the game to play later on...
at the time of this writing the war continues.

will post the final outcome and our next advantage choice soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stenzel
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like these, especially the dug in defense that the Japanese get to use.
Have you seen these House Rules/Tech for AA50/AA42?

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=17701.0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.