Thumb up
2 Posts

Catan: 5-6 Player Extension» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Lunchroom Games: Pillaging Knights and Rampaging Robbers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
flag msg tools
After Notre Dame last Friday, the group decided that we wanted to play something familiar this week. So we decided on Settlers; this would be the first time we'd played Settlers with 5 players. Craig brought in his set, and we used his iPod Touch Dice Motion App to roll the dice. What can I say - we're all tech geeks here.

As per normal, we used the Tournament Rules start-up to cut down play time by about 30 mins. (ie. 1st placement = Settlement+Road, 2nd placement = City+Road, 3rd placement = Road)

The players were:
Craig (green)
David (red)
KK (white)
Maureen (brown)
Jason (blue)

Craig had an early lead when he managed to grab the Longest Road, but it was obvious that Maureen would steal it away eventually once she connected her initial Settlement/City, which we gleefully encouraged and "supported" by making favourable trades to her for Wood and Brick. Eventually, Longest Road went to Maureen, and Craig was out of the threat zone for a while.

This game saw a lot of 7s rolled and Knights being played, and the Robber rampaged through the board constantly. In the end, Craig managed to build 3 roads to regain the Longest Road, and then a Settlement to pull himself up to 10 VPs and win.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bwaha. I see you use an iPhone app for your dice.

Looks like a fun session; everybody had some accomplishments of their own.

I find it annoying that they renamed the "Soldier" cards to "Knight." It was easier to verbally distinguish the original game's soldiers from the knights of Cities and Knights, since they do work fairly differently.

By "pillaging knights" I'm assuming you mean the card stolen when a knight card is played.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.