Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Counter
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have acquired a crapload of extra-dirt-cheap Clout chips, and noticed a purple chip named Wall Banger. It's a fairly lame chip as per abilities, but the expansion symbol resembles a gold chalice. I assume this was given out as some kind of tourney prize at some point, but could find no reference to it anywhere. Anyone know where this came from and how rare it is? I know the game is long dead and it's nor worth much anyway, but I was just curious if anyone recognized it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leacock
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I collect Clout chips. I have that Wall Banger (purple Centaur) chip. It is some kind of tournament chip. I also have the version with a metal rim and back that says 2006. I can check whether I kept any reference on where the chip was from.

Clout 2, Range 1, Defense 2; Strike 1, Siege 1, Move 1

Odd and curious thing -- there is no "Clout Fantasy" "Wall Banger" results on Google other than your new post and a suspended eBay listing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leacock
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heymondo wrote:
I have acquired a crapload of extra-dirt-cheap Clout chips, .....

Just wondering if you bought a bunch from Theresa on eBay like I did. We could swap white promo chips or dragon chips unless we both got the same ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Counter
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Just wondering if you bought a bunch from Theresa on eBay like I did. We could swap white promo chips or dragon chips unless we both got the same ones.

Ha! Indeed I did and that's where I got this chip from. I got a couple of EVERY white chip she had as I won the first auction she did for the literal 15 pounds of Clout chips. I've been getting my friends chips for slightly less than what I paid, and either giving the rest away or using them for scientific experiments. The dragon chips I am keeping though - it's hard to put together a remotely playable stack with the point costs on those goofy chips

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Booger Sig
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Been feeling nostalgiac about this game, and was looking to see if anyone still played or posted on the topic, which led me here.

The Wall Banger chip was a reward for the centaur faction 'winner' at "Throw-Down" tournaments on the local level and perhaps even higher levels, though i never personally attended one. The medallion version (metal rimmed) was also included with this win, and was used towards buying entry into higher level tournaments which I believe took 10 points worth of medallions.

Any other questions, I'll try to stop back by and see what I can do to help...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've got a bunch of these. I believe they are for tournament support if I'm not mistaken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.