Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
- How many different starters exist?

- How many different factions?

- The game is any good out of starter sets?

- Are starter sets fixed?

- Are starter sets balanced?

- Do you like lists of quick questions?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Jurgens
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 2 base starter sets,Elves vs. Zombies and Centaur vs. Goblins. There are also 6 expansion starters, 1 for each expansion faction, Pirates and Merfolk, and 2 base factions per expansion. That starters are fixed and well balanced against each other (goblins are a little better out the first set as are pirates), but not good against constructed stacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leacock
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Links for you.

See this page on the Clout Fantasy series for lists of starters.

Image for Base set starters.

Images for the 6 expansion starters begin here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Price
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I uploaded some photos a few days ago of the chips in most of the starter sets, unfortunately I don't have any of the 'Redbeard's revenge' sets so they're missing. Image links for everything else are below.

Centaurs vs Goblins

Elves vs Undead

Call of the sea

Hobgoblin havok

Lure of the banshees
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sylvicolus wrote:
Links for you.

See this page on the Clout Fantasy series for lists of starters.

Image for Base set starters.

Images for the 6 expansion starters begin here.

Thanks a lot! Now I just have to find them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
Just my own observations. Picked some of these up cheap as they are no longer made.
From what I have played the starters make for a bland game and it seems if your opponent get a few pieces with good defence down they are very hard if nigh impossible to kill. This may be the nature of tha game though.
Feels like they tried to get a kind of magic the gathering feel but it didnt quite work
Buying more booster will give you quite powerful unbalanced chips.
I think there is a point system to even things out but I could be wrong.
As a foot note this game crahed because the boosters were very expensive in comparison to other collectable thing games.

There are far better games out there that do all this and more.
I recommend for value for money diceland products they make a much smoother game with better mechanics.
Shame this could haver been quite cool but now superceded by dice.
Chips dont lend them selves to being thrown around you will spend half your time chasing them across the floor.

PS I will be listing a stack of unopened boosters on ebay soon he he.
Great sales pitch eh?.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Booger Sig
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Just trying to answer to what I've seen, though I know some has already been answered...

1. He covered most of the starter sets below, but there were a pirate, elf, and centaur starter also available with Redbeard's release. So, 2 basic, and 6 from the expansions...8 total starters.

2. There are 7 full factions: Elf, Centaur, Goblin, Undead, Merfolk, Pirate, and Dragon. There are also neutral (white) chips, which are allowed at a limit of 2 chips per standard stack, but can be used with any other faction.

3. It was good enough to rope me into it while the game was still new!

4. I can't remember how balanced they were, but I recall still having a blast when playing at first! And, yes...there is a point system to balance the game (located just above the abilities are silver clout points)

5. Lists of quick questions are nice to see when someone's reminiscing about a game, and can feel helpful to people just starting out. So, I'd have to say I enjoy them enough...

And, as an addendum... If you practice your toss, and learn a few tricks of control, it's quite easy to avoid chasing chips across the floor.
Also, it wasn't just the cost of plastic that sent the game to the chopping block. That was a major factor, but another leading factor was that HCG wanted to focus on Bella Sara while putting Clout on the backburner...just too bad they never refocused to once again include the fanbase that actually got them up and running

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dkern97 wrote:
Just trying to answer to what I've seen, though I know some has already been answered...

Thanks a lot for the very comprehensive answer!

Now i just have to find the other starters...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Castef wrote:
[
Now i just have to find the other starters...

not sure what you have, but check here:

http://www.ccgarmory.com/cloutfantasy.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.