Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought pandemic lite within the first few minutes of the video. A more interesting and kid friendly version of pandemic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter CSM
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually this sounds like something that would appeal to a few of my friends who only ever want to play lighter games when we're chilling at somebody's house after a late night. I know Forbidden Island isn't very expensive, I might go pick this up tomorrow. Great review. Very helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rau
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, but the "Waters Rise" card put off the sale for me. The card is almost completely identical to the dreaded epidemic cards for Pandemic, so it would really feel like I've just bought the same game twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Doiron
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own and play both this and Pandemic, and the mechanics are strikingly similar. Almost unforgivably so. However, Forbidden Island - while still having plenty going on and lots to think about - is a much lighter game that appeals to a different audience. It also plays faster and is smaller, prettier, and with a completely different theme. So, still has it's place. I'm glad I have both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.