Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Rayburn
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does an Elk get wet if you attempt to move, but the distance is too far? In other words, are you committed to the movement or can you test the distance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as the Elk doesn't touch the table whilst testing, you are O.K.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Rayburn
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Rob. I thought so but the rules seemed ambiguous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dolan
United States
Highland Lakes
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The way it is played at the World Boardgaming Championships is that you may try to place your moose between two stones but if you can't make it you put it back.

The only time one is penalized for having a moose fall is if it is knocked over by a shot.

You may never move a stone to advance a moose during placement. If a stone moves the moose must go back to where it began the move.

A steady hand can be a great benefit during placement but it isn't sporting to penalize someone for dropping the moose during placcement. Not moving forward is penalty enough.

Check out the Elchfest tournament history and preview here:

http://www.boardgamers.org/yearbkex/elcpge.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Listening to: Pepper Adams - Encounter! // Nick Brignola - Raincheck // Serge Chaloff - Blue Serge
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way we play it, if you attempt a move, you succeed or get wet. There's no going back once you start a given move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In general, there are three events that trigger the wet rules:
- Knocking over a moose
- Flicking a stone outside the playfield (usually off the table)
- Testing a distance, but losing grip and causing either the front or back legs to "tap" into the water (and you'll almost always hear it as well as see it)

I'm not sure if you're using the English or German rules, but we tried to make explicit the "testing the distance" scenarios under "Wet Moose.' In any event, I hope that helps!

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.