Clans» Forums » Variants

Subject: Bonus points for guessing opponents color rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have recently played Clans a number of times. A total of five games now. We quite like it.

The last game we added the following rule: At the end of the game both players get one chance to guess the other player's color. For a correct guess an additional five points are rewarded.

We did this because we like the deduction element of the game, In previous games it happened that the person loosing the game (in VP) in fact was quite taken with the fact the the other person's color was guessed correctly. It started me thinking that a correct guess should be rewarded somehow.

Like I said, we played only once with this extra rule. In that game it went fine, but perhaps additional games will prove otherwise. Maybe the amount of five points is too much (or too little).

In games with more than two players, it might not work that well. Maybe the amount of points should be less in those cases, Perhaps 2 two points per correct guess. Or maybe offer a choice whether to take a guess or not, where a wrong guess results in minus points.

I thought to share this idea here in case other people would like to try it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Wilhelm
France
Metz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds nice.
It would work a bit like the variant rule for Heimlich & Co., in which all players have to guess the other players' colours as well as the neutral pawns. They are supposed to note it down on a sheet of paper and are free to change their guesses until one token reaches 29 on the score track at which point they have to make their final (hidden) guess. Any correct guess is worth 5 points at the end of the game.
Nevertheless, in Clans, it would have to be a bit different since the end of the game is triggered when the last village is built. But, given the usual scores, I would say that the final guess would have to be made when the first chip on the VP track hits 30 or more.
Just a thought...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.