Eketorp» Forums » Rules

Subject: another siege question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Lambert
Belgium
flag msg tools
hello,

After a long time I played Eketorp again, and now I'm left with two questions about sieging.

1. Can a defender defend multiple times? If, for example, the village is besieged from the catapult and the sea, and it wins the first battle, can it still serve for defending against the second attack? I was under the suspicion that you can only defend once, but I won't find it back in the rules.

2. If the answer on question 1 is no, do you have to defend against each attacker? Even if that attacker attacks from a spot where there are no bricks? And is that even legal? The rules state that it is pointless to attack from a side with no bricks, but doens't say that it is illegal. (of course it would not be very efficient if you do this if the answer on question 1 is yes).

Thank you in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Groth
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, if a defender survives a previous attack unharmed, he may defend against an attack from another area (There can only be one attack from each of the three areas though)

2) Even if there was no defender, the defending player must still exchange a card. On that basis, we have played it that any available defender must defend against an attack. Otherwise if the defending player didn't hold any strong battle cards they would just choose not to risk conflict, which doesn't seem right.

On that basis, it seems that an attacker could plan an attack from a spot with no bricks first, and then follow with an attack from a spot with high value bricks, in order to have two chances to remove the defender. Inefficient, but effective. I haven't seen it done, but I may try it if the opportunity arises!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.