David Bush
United States
Shipman
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wil Wheaton would like to know. So would I, so I can inform him. Whoever you are, Mr. Wheaton says you are "a national treasure for all nations."

http://tinyurl.com/2ajuyjr

He's selling T shirts.

What a lazy way to search BGG. Maybe I should ask for a new feature. Search by sig! Or did Aldie do that already?

Maybe I should get a cool sig. How about "Life is a game. Twixt, to be exact."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Die, human scum!
badge
Resistance is useless!
mb
Not a sig.

It's here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3496849#3496849

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
twixter wrote:
What a lazy way to search BGG. Maybe I should ask for a new feature. Search by sig! Or did Aldie do that already?

No need for a feature... use Google.

site:boardgamegeek.com "My sword glows blue in the presence of rules lawyers"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Die, human scum!
badge
Resistance is useless!
mb
jearles wrote:
twixter wrote:

No need for a feature... use Google.

site:boardgamegeek.com "My sword glows blue in the presence of rules lawyers"

(That actually works far better than the BGG search.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Adelson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Well, I see the otherness of being other is otherwise contraindicated
badge
Who cares where it came from or whether it's correct or not? Certainly not me
mbmbmbmbmb
And then you can do an internet search on "my sword glows blue in the presence of lawyers" to find the inspiration for the inspiration for Wil Wheaton's tee shirts. Then go to Zork, then go to Tolkien, and then go to years and years of Celtic mythology, and before that go to Alpha Centauri and look for a small bluish planet, just because.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Cooper
United States
Coppell
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
twixter wrote:
"What a lazy way to search BGG."

This actually sounds like the least lazy search algorithm I have ever heard of.

Next time I want to know where Hitchcock appeared in 'Strangers on a Train' I will print something like Did you just see Hitchcock, cause I missed him on a bunch of t-shirts then get a 1000 friends to wear them in huge crowds until one of them connects with somebody who not only knows but is an extrovert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
And then you can do an internet search on "my sword glows blue in the presence of lawyers" to find the inspiration for the inspiration for Wil Wheaton's tee shirts. Then go to Zork, then go to Tolkien, and then go to years and years of Celtic mythology, and before that go to Alpha Centauri and look for a small bluish planet, just because.

I also discovered/was reminded that the Nac Mac Feegle (from Terry Pratchett's Discworld) have swords that glow blue in the presence of lawyers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nasty McHaggis
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I'm pouring all of my points in sarcasm.
badge
Box next to hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
MisterCranky wrote:

I also discovered/was reminded that the Nac Mac Feegle (from Terry Pratchett's Discworld) have swords that glow blue in the presence of lawyers.

Beat me to it. Just goes to reinforce the idea that there is truly nothing new under the sun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
it would almost be a direct quote to. However a Nac Mac Feegle never say anything like that...

umm I belive, err I am almost sure

Oh and I shall wear midnight is comming out this year so the posiblity for yet more Nac Mac Feegles is there (:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.