500 1000 1500 2000 2500 3000 3500 4000 4500 5000 5500 6000 6500 7000 7500 8000 8500 9000 9500 10000 10500 11000
Announcement – 2015 Support Drive – Ending in:
1935 supporters - GeekGold Bonus for All 2015 Supporters: 19.35 + 3.38 = 22.73
 Thumb up
1 Posts

Vampire: The Eternal Struggle» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Dutch ECQ 2010 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dennis devriendt
flag msg tools
Last saturday I attended the Dutch EC qualifier tournament in Utrecht. As I had already arranged a week of holiday to go to Paris at the end of October prior to this event, I was in desparate need of qualifying. So I decided to leave my Kiasyd S&B deck behind (it didn't do really well in the Belgian qualifier, one month ago). The weeks before the tournament I followed the dutch national v:tes forum, and I decided to go for Kindred Spirits with few stealth. http://www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=4067
Kindred Spirits: in a normal case people hate you for playing this kind of deck. But if you have to travel some distance to get there, people almost like you for it
Few stealth: a commonly used trick to stop Stealth-Bleeders is not trying to block. This means that playing few stealth cards, will lead to less chance of stealth-jamming AND your bleeds get through.

Round 1:
Jasper (Arika), Rene (OBF/PRE), Mark (Form of Corruption), Me
This game was over in half an hour. Everybody had only one side to go, the prey-side. Worth mentioning: I played 'The Bitter and Sweet Story' on turn one.
Me 3vp, Rene 1vp

Round 2:
Pepijn (weenie DOM), me, Yuri (!Tremere), Rogier (assamite swarm)
The assamite deck did very few forward actions, Pepijn was just governing down, and Yuri was trying to deflect/block my Kindred Spirits bleed. I miscounted Yuri's pool in the turn I was planning to oust him. He stayed alive at one pool. Next turn the weenie DOM hell broke loose, bleeding me for a total of twentysomething pool and rolling up the rest of the table.
Pepijn 4vp

Round 3:
Me, Martijn (renegade garou), Pepijn (weenie DOM), Debbie (Ravnos), Manuel (giovanni powerbleed)
I was on the receiving end of heavy bleeds during the whole game. Luckily all or most of my Kindred Spirits bleeds passed, so I had enough pool gain to oust prey after prey. I had to spend a lot of resources on the first prey, because he was not putting pressure on the weenie DOM player. In the round I ousted Martijn, I played 'The Bitter and Sweet Story'. Pepijn kept 3 minions untapped to deflect/block my bleeds in the next round. My first bleed went through, allowing me to play 'Patterns in the Chaos.' I saw no reaction cards in my new prey's hand, so I ousted him. I was now at hand size 11
An 'Anarch Troublemaker' (in play since turn 1) took care of Debbie's 2 untapped Ravnos. Handsize 13
by that time I was almost through my deck. I managed to put Manuel on 2 pool, but since he had little or no pressure from the Ravnos all game, his 4 minions outbled me.
Me 3vp, Manuel 2vp

My 2GW and 6 VP were enough to qualify as 5th seed in the 26 player tournament.
Final Round:
Peter (Nephandus), Koen (giovanni powerbleed), Jeroen (laibon obf/pre), Izaak (AAA, with more A's), me.
'The Unmasking' on turn one, that's where the final stopped for me. It was still fun to play though. The dutch tend to play very fast, so even when just sitting at the table, you don't feel like wasting your time. Example from turn 2:
- I influence
- I discard
- before I have seen the replacement card, Izaak says: it's your turn
About the rest of the final I can be very brief. I never got through Peter's Unmasked Nephandi.
Izaak 3vp, Peter 2vp

Conclusion: it was totally worth the trip from Ghent to Utrecht. Not only for the fact that I qualified, but also because it was a fun tournament. Most of the decks were not that original (it was a qualifier) but I still had a lot of fun playing. The location (De Korenbeurs) was excellent: half-restaurant, half-pub, half-gameroom.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.