Shawn, Just Shawn
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumblygrew wrote:
I have this game. Whooo! Can't believe it.
Problem now-how best to sell it-because no doubt soon, numerous copies will surface from lofts, cellars and game collections.
What do I do?
David

For starters, don't try to hastily retrieve it without the proper safety precautions; the container may rupture and spill the pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corrado Soprano
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Wow, that game is slick...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark crane
Qatar
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it ironic that this game exists, and highlights the fundamental evil of BP and other drilling companies. Well, I guess I'll hop in my car now and drive over to daycare to pick up my kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redcometx wrote:
Just saw this game on the front page of MSN. My 1st instinct was to come to BGG to research.

I wonder how long this will take to get to the top of "The Hotness". :p

It's at the top at this very moment. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Restivo
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
craniac wrote:
I find it ironic that this game exists, and highlights the fundamental evil of BP and other drilling companies. Well, I guess I'll hop in my car now and drive over to daycare to pick up my kids.

Irony noted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Clarke
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From one of the articles:

The picture on the front of the box is so reminiscent to the disaster with the stormy seas, the oil rig and an overall sense of doom.

That made me laugh! I've worked on a lot of the oil rigs in the North Sea and it's pretty much stormy with grey skies most of the time. If fact the box cover looks like a pretty nice day for the North Sea.

Back in the day there were loads of promotional products produced by the oil companies, it's no big deal really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
The Think Progress blog mentions the story (from a while back) and actually links to BGG!

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/07/06/bp-board-game/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.