$10.00
Ian Smith
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As subject, corrections to unit cards and one event card available to download.

From Nexus Website

A number of small errors appear in some unit cards of the first print run of Battles of Napoleon - The Eagle and the Lion, which become relevant when certain optional rules are used. An Event/Reaction card (#53) also included an error in the "reaction" part of its game text.

Enjoy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cowles
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.nexusgames.com/read.asp?id=3714
herewith being the url of the aforementioned errata
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
23 cards????

wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Will I be able to get hold of free replacement cards from Nexus or FFG? I don't fancy having half my unit cards be home-made replacements from a PDF for a game that I paid nearly £70 for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Herbie Hancock: Takin' Off // Art Farmer & Bill Evans: Modern Art // Sonny Rollins: Way Out West
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NappyPlayer wrote:
Will I be able to get hold of free replacement cards from Nexus or FFG? I don't fancy having half my unit cards be home-made replacements from a PDF for a game that I paid nearly £70 for.

Answered in another thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaadd Powell
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a note:

I'm waiting to get the cards in for fixing, and saving down people's information in a list so when they do get here, I can send them out right away.

However - our website form that Roberto linked is currently broken, and anyone who has tried it is getting a bunch of broken code. So if you would like replacements and are in North America, please send your full name and mailing address (and that you are requesting Napoleon cards!) to

parts@fantasyflightgames.com

I'll get you sorted out as soon as possible! (and hopefully the site will get fixed too)

Thanks for playing,
Thaadd Powell
Customer Service
Fantasy Flight Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Lopez
msg tools
Hi Thaadd, does replacements also cover broken figures? I have several broken British figs.
Thanks,
Hector
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Iain Armstrong
United Kingdom
Wetherby
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
GeoMan wrote:
23 cards????

:wow:

Not quite as bad as it seems from just looking at the total number of cards- looking through the originals and the reprints, quite a few are changes to the 'quality of the troops' asterisks, which are not actually in use yet. There are a few with symbol changes defining the 'number of figures' in the unit though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panos Kokkaris
Greece
Larisa
flag msg tools
Hi get my "package" today and an hour ago i realize that 23 cards are in the errata from Nexus. I inform them that i have the incorrect cards and i 'm waiting their answer. But have any one of notice that the senario book propose the units according the wrong cards. So what about this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent an e-mail to the e-mail address posted just above requesting the replacement cards when they are ready. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuckster williams
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Thaadd: If I did not buy the game from Nexus or Fantasyflight, how do I prove I actually have the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Stanton
United States
Paoli
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. I purchased my copy from another online retailer but I sent in my name and address nonetheless.

Stephen Stanton
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
phuloivet wrote:
Thaadd: If I did not buy the game from Nexus or Fantasyflight, how do I prove I actually have the game?

They believe you, because who the hell spends their time going on BGG looking for free replacement parts for games?

I'm sure you could scan a copy of the invoice if you really feel strongly about it, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Winnabow
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought mine from my FLGS and I have had no problem in the past getting replacement parts from FFG. I emailed Thaadd yesterday and already got a reply that I'll receive the cards. Just email them and I'm sure they will take care of you. FFG and Nexus have great customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaadd Powell
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Warhammer00 wrote:
Hi Thaadd, does replacements also cover broken figures? I have several broken British figs.
Thanks,
Hector

Parts requests can go there too. I've a fairly limited amount of supplies at the moment (1 game donated its bits!) but Nexus is sending more.

Our parts policy has been for some time now 'within reason' we will replace parts to games, free of charge. Sometimes (as with this game) we might pass off requests to someone more local (Nexus is handling European requests for BoN) but we try to make sure people are sorted out. There is, as someone said, not a great big black market for non-owners of games to request parts. Generally if people are requesting something, they need it. The only thing is that being a single person, when I have a spike of new releases, or events like this (or events like GenCon) I can get behind a bit, but I do my best!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Martin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Ditto. I'm on the list and I bought from CoolStuff (Thanks Thaadd). Honor system works because as was mentioned above what would be your motivation for wanting the cards without owning the game?

Well unless it was like that bad joke in the movie Memphis Belle:

A British bomber is shot down during WWII and the Germans pull one of the crew members from the wreckage.

His arm is badly crushed and the crew member asks the Germans to drop it over England once it’s amputated so part of him can be buried at home. They agree to do so on their next bombing raid.

Turns out his other arm has to be amputated as well. He asks for the same favor…they agree.

A few days later one of his legs needs to be amputated…and once again he asks for it to be dropped over England…the response?

Nein! This we cannot do anymore! We think you are trying to escape!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question for those of you who contact Nexus using the form provided in the link:

Did you get a reply back? Do you know if they got your request?

I am asking because the first time i got an error using the English form and i haven't receive any email reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Ciabatti
Italy
Firenze
Tuscany
flag msg tools
Clipped avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
Question for those of you who contact Nexus using the form provided in the link:

Did you get a reply back?

I sent my request yesterday, it went all right, but I've not received any replies, yet.

Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
23 cards????

wow

....of course we all know these cards will get replaced for us because of the mistakes but for those who don't have the game should know that the card "mistakes" are minor ones and really effect play if you are using the "Advanced Infantry Optional Rules" (other than that, there is No Game breaking elements there)- the cards have some wrong icons on them... should be (2) Line Infantry instead of (2) Skirmishers, things like that.

The Numbers/ stats on the cards should still be same throughout if I'm not mistaken. Many cards, like the Calvary cards, have the wrong number of "***" which marks the "Quality" of the troops which will be implemented only in the expansions of the game, it is ignored for the base game.

All in All... sure, we'll get the cards as they become available but, they don't break game play at all unless you jump into the "Advance Infantry" rules that is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
I aten't dead yet...
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my corrected cards today from Sara at Nexus which was damn good service considering I only emailed last week. They also contain a couple of "extras" in the form of two upgraded French cards not available elsewhere.

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.