Knights» Forums » Rules

Subject: The rules are lacking... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomasz Stefaniuk
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello. I almost like this little filler: it looks OK, it's easy too learn, small box good for journey and so on, and so forth. And first of all it was really chip ;) However I have a comment regarding the rules and the very idea of the game:

Except tournament cards and castles cards there are of course those "tactical" or "special cards" (for instance: "Protect your castle from stealing", "One extra die with five points on in" etc.). Well, playing with your dice for them is really useless for they IMO are too hard to win... When I play I always go for the castles and the tournaments cards - and it's easy to win without any (!) spacial cards being played.

That's in my opinion the lacking of the game... It.s OK but that's also something wrong with those special cards: Either in the rules or the whole game idea is wrong.

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fer moros
South Korea
Kwang-Ju
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi, Tomas,
This is very nice filler and a favorite among my students.

I think that you are not using the tactical card to their full power... Specially those tactical cards that represent one die number are very powerful, and they make to win castles and tournaments an easier task.
Do you know that these tactical cards last for the whole game?
(And in addition, you can continue winning cards on the same turn)

I also dont understand why you say they are too hard to win. They are more or less the same hard than to win the castles or tournaments.

I hope my comments help

regards and happy games!
fer
skorea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Echo W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tomasz, I can see what you mean to a limited degree. There are a small few cards I never try for because they feel useless to me - or there's always something better to go for. But I've found more of the special cards have helped me in the past than not. If I don't win a castle protection card, my won castles go away very fast! And I *always* go for the card that makes it easier to conquer castles. devil

I also really enjoyed making my own special cards out of the blanks. Check out the pictures section for some other users' great ideas. cool I used one that I found there in my deck. Plus I made a "Black Knight" which, when you have won it, allows you to challenge another player's previously won tournament!

The only special card that no one *ever* seems to want is the one that allows 2 discards. I just don't use that one anymore.

I hope you can find the fun in this game. I have shared it with my 30-40 something friends and with kids and with older relatives as well. It's always a hit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.