Hide
4 Posts

Duel in the Dark: Baby Blitz» Forums » Rules

Subject: Searchlights in baby blitz, question, comment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Courtemanche
msg tools
When I read the rules there is nothing different about the searchlight. When i read the summary card, it says it only suppors one AA cannon.

Micheal said in a quick emaill that searchlights support each cannon.

I am wondering how others read the rules, did I read wrong? Or is this a mistake on the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukasz Biernat
Poland
Dabrowa Gornicza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I remember, searchlights were made weaker in baby blitz, as they only could boost a single flak. I learned to ignore the abysmal rulebook and use the reference cards as the main source of information - it works great, those reference cards know everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Courtemanche
msg tools
Michael asked De Pedro about this and answered me:

IN Baby Blitz, like in the base game, each German searchlight supports each flak. The rulebook in Baby Blitz says that the base game rules stay unless otherwise noted in the Baby Blitz rulebook.

There is nothing in the Baby blitz rules which change the German searchlight rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukasz Biernat
Poland
Dabrowa Gornicza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The rulebook in Baby Blitz says that the base game rules stay unless otherwise noted in the Baby Blitz rulebook.

That is true. And because of that, rules for german searchlights HAVE CHANGED.

page 6: The new Quick Reference Charts supercede those from the original "Duel" game.

and the new charts say that a single searchlight helps ONE flak and/or ONE nightfighter. Trust the reference cards, they are your only hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.