Panzergruppe Guderian» Forums » General

Subject: VASSAL Module for Panzergruppe Guderian rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Lee
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I've completed and uploaded a VASSAL Module for Avalon Hills Panzergruppe Guderian.

Get it here:

Please let me know if you find any issues and I'll get them corrected ASAP.

Rich Lee

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reg Stock
flag msg tools
Hi Rich

I downloaded the beta 7 version of this module quite a while ago. I had to add a few elements but that was OK as it was my introduction to Vassal programming and I ended up with a quite usable module.

This module is a very tidy final version of the module and I like some of the new features such as the keyboard shortcuts for retreats.

Since you asked, there are just a couple of very minor issues.
The Module Version label (in main module properties ) is still 1.0b07 (should be v1.0).

The help menu items pointing to null will be a bit confusing to some users (a leftover from your template??). Probably better to add some text or delete the menu item.

Finally I think your Inventory function may provide a little too much information for the untried units. When deployed on the board, the untried unit values are hidden but you are given the unit name and location and it won't take players long to memorise the powerful formations....

Also, personally not being a card counting type player I think displaying the fact that so many 0-0-6 units have been revealed and there are still so many in the pool turns the game into a mathematical exercise of probabilities rather than an enjoyable gaming experience but what flavour you want to give the module is really up to you. I won't be using the function but others might like it so it might be an idea to ensure that the opposing player is notified when this function is accessed in online games to prevent misunderstandings.

All in all a great module - keep up the great work. It's a keeper.....

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.