Piotr Sobczyk
msg tools
When I'm traversing deck in Search action should other players see the cards that I'm checking? We assume that all players should see cards being checked so that they can keep track of what cards are already discarded and verify that I'm not cheating . In rules there is: "action cards are flipped up and revealed" so I think "revealed" means "showed to everyone" here.

Again, when some player checks some number of cards using consume power of Gambling Word should other player see the cards he is checking? We assumed again that yes from the same reason as above. But should other players see what card did he choose as a reward if he won? We assumed that no, he selects one card in secret. I haven't found answer of neither of that questions related to Gambling World in rulebook.

Are our assumptions right?

And just by the way when I mentioned Search Action:

"Cards with Consume powers that consume two or more
goods. Pilgrimage World and cards with powers consuming
two or more goods of a given kind do match this category."

So cards consuming UP TO some number of cards (at least 2) like Old Earth or Consumer Markets also match this criteria?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
DooM77 wrote:
When I'm traversing deck in Search action should other players see the cards that I'm checking?

Yes, those cards are "flipped up and revealed" (see TBoW page 6).
Quote:
Again, when some player checks some number of cards using consume power of Gambling Word should other player see the cards he is checking?

Yes, those cards are "flipped over" (see RvI, page 10).
Quote:
But should other players see what card did he choose as a reward if he won?

Yes, he chooses "any one of the cards flipped over" (see RvI, page 10).
Quote:
So cards consuming UP TO some number of cards (at least 2) like Old Earth or Consumer Markets also match this [Consume power Search] criteria?
Yes, these cards have Consume powers that "can consume two or more goods".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Sobczyk
msg tools
Thanks for clarification, Alex and Tom.

I think the reason of my problems with understanding these rules is that english is my not my natural language and some wording (like "flip") was a bit unclear for me.

Just to be 100% sure: "any one of the cards flipped over" means "one of the cards flipped over", not "all cards flipped over"?

Sorry, my questions probably sound stupid for english people but I just want to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DooM77 wrote:
Just to be 100% sure: "any one of the cards flipped over" means "one of the cards flipped over", not "all cards flipped over"?

Yep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.