$10.00
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies if this has been asked before. I did a simple search on the forums and didn't find anything.

Do the Uplift Gene Breeders still generate a prestige during production if they already have a good on their world, or do they only generate the prestige if they also generate a good?

I ask because I've been playing it as the former, but Keldon's AI does the latter.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Re: uplift gene breeders
Buggy wrote:
Do the Uplift Gene Breeders still generate a prestige during production if they already have a good on their world?

No. This is like the "Produce Good and Draw" powers in the base game (which only provide card draws if the good is produced). From TBoW, page 14: "Produce a good on this world, if it has none, and only then, gain a prestige." (original emphasis)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Børge N
Norway
Porsgrunn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buggy wrote:
I ask because I've been playing it as the former, but Keldon's AI does the latter.

Are you sure about this? I cannot reproduce it (in version 0.7.3), and the source code does not allow this. Didn't you have any other cards that provided Prestige during the produce phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
borgemik wrote:
Are you sure about this? I cannot reproduce it (in version 0.7.3), and the source code does not allow this. Didn't you have any other cards that provided Prestige during the produce phase?

I suspect you misread his post. ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
borgemik wrote:
Are you sure about this?

I am positive about this, but it's ok since I've been playing it wrong and Keldon was right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Børge N
Norway
Porsgrunn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
entranced wrote:
borgemik wrote:

I suspect you misread his post.

Left/right, right/wrong, former/latter... Not always easy to spot the difference, right? Your suspicion is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Cross
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Buggy wrote:

Thanks!

I found out about this last night in a game on keldon's ai that I'd have won if I'd understood this rule. It makes sense, but still. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
For the longest time I was playing the wrong way because winfall worlds that give cards during the production always specifically say a good must be produced while their production world counter parts do not.

I believe that Ravaged Uplift World is the only world that offers such a freebee on produce but then again Ravaged Uplift World is the only permanent card that gives -1 point (terraforming engineers anybody?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bracey
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The windfall words only spell it out due to the lack of a standard icon for it.

The RftG icon convention is that an overlapping symbol means the thing on top and to the right happens if the thing behind it does. So you can have a combined "card after good" icon on the production worlds.

But there's no icon for the bonus card to overlap on windfall worlds, so they can't use the standard icon convention there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.