Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Shippert
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is such a silly rules question I cannot believe I am actually posting it, but here goes:

The (English) rules say you must place the dice using just one hand; one of the gamers in my group took this to mean you could still place two dice at once, as long as you only used one hand to do this.

So, for example, if the green 1 and 2 are out there, and you've rolled a green 3 and 4, you can grab them both in one hand, plop them both down on the green track in one motion, in roughly the right spot on the board. Presumably, if you had also rolled a green 5 you could place all three at once, if you were dexterous enough.

It seems to me that the clear intent of the rule was to require you to place one die at a time - so you grab the green 3, place it, then you can grab the green 4 and place that - which fits with my understanding of the original Ligretto rules, which require you to play one card at a time.

On the other hand, there is obviously some dexterity element to the game (like all Ligretto-style simultaneous action games), so there might be some rationale for allowing the nimble-fingered amongst us the advantage of playing more than one die at a time. But it still irks me, and feels like angle-shooting the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if it does turn out that multiple dice can be placed at once (which to me could be inferred by the rules using the plural of "the dice"), I think you should be limited to placing only one at a time... considering that you won by 50+ points, regardless.

But I am also interested to see if there is an official ruling on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.