Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Nichols
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone interested in playing Origins of World War II by forum? I'd be willing to serve as gamemaster, though my graphic skills are rather limited (if players are okay with all-text move and conflict-resolution reports, that shouldn't be a problem).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Count me in if you get enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Nichols
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will do, Paul. We might consider playing with fewer than five people, if 3 or 4 are interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean johnson
United States
Edinburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never played a game by forum AND I just got this game so I need to the rules, but I would love to give it a go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Nichols
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! That's two players so far. With luck we'll pick up some more interest over the next few days. I'll also consider running a 3 or 4-player game if recruitment is slow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Sciacca
United States
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You know I'm in too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Nichols
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! I'd been letting this forum languish for a few months while I dealt with some family issues, but I'm hoping to be able to start organizing the play-by-forum game next week or the following week. Looks like we have at least three players, which is enough to play (using the "variable ally" rules to cover Britain and the US), but four or five would certainly be more interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Nichols
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello again. I am hoping to start this game in the near future, depending on the inclination of the three people who've expressed an interest in playing (and of anyone else who'd like to join in, up to a maximum of 5). I will administer the game following a modified version of the Play-by-Mail rules. After the beginning of the first (1934) turn, the players will have five real-time days to conduct diplomacy. You may do so openly, on this board, or secretly, by GeekMail. Once I have received PF placements and posted them here, players will have another two days to set their diplomatic attacks and to decide in which nations or regions they will attempt to install Understanding or Control markers. At the end of that period I will resolve all Diplomatic attacks using an agreed-upon dice-rolling protocol, and post a list of current PF, Understanding, and Control marker locations. We will then repeat this cycle for the remaining five turns of the game. Total game time should be about six weeks.

Incidentally, in this version of the game information about diplomatic attacks (results excepted) is known only to the player who initiated the attack. I'm not sure how realistic this is, and we may wish to modify the rule.

Suggestions and questions welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Whitham
United States
Prescott Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
You guys have probably already played this, but if you start up another one, count me in.

Thanks,
Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.