Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting. I imagine that you're right, and that all of the Arkham miniatures will appear eventually in this game as well. The economics of plastic really encourage such re-use. Spreading the cost of the tooling between both Arkham and this game may have helped FFG re-offer the pre-paints at a profitable margin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk S
Belgium
Diepenbeek
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hopefully they'll also be cross-pollinating Arkham Horror with the full spectrum of monster miniatures.

Quote:
The bases for each monster figure also have slots into which you can insert that monster’s token, displaying only the pertinent statistics.

I suppose that's where the monster tokens of Arkham Horror will fit! zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkham's rules don't really support the use of monster miniatures very well. The tokens work much better for random choosing, as well as being able to find the stats easily...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heck with the investigators... gimmie painted MONSTERS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua McCormack
United States
Tipton
Indiana
flag msg tools
stagger lee wrote:
Heck with the investigators... gimmie painted MONSTERS!

YES
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H N
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
Lov'in FFG!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kobold Curry Chef wrote:
Arkham's rules don't really support the use of monster miniatures very well. The tokens work much better for random choosing, as well as being able to find the stats easily...

I agree the game would be difficult to manage if you had monster mini's.
You would have to find the mini and the corresponding monster token. Either by having them all sorted and organized during game setup; which would eat a ton of time. Or search for them as you need them which could hurt the flow of the game.

...unless... UNLESS! FFG started making this monster minis like the ones for Mansions of Madness which seem to have bases that allow you to insert the square token under the monster.
...no, wait... that still has problems. soblue

I would love monster mini's but I just to see how it would work well. I would love to be proven wrong on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'd just put the mini on top of the token for added theme. You have to pick up monster tokens in AH all the time anyway to check both sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Haree78 wrote:
I'd just put the mini on top of the token for added theme. You have to pick up monster tokens in AH all the time anyway to check both sides.

I put monster tokens in unused investigator stands so that they're easier to see and easily rotatable. Plus, you can count out a number of stands before the game equal to the monster limit, so you know you never go over it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
Haree78 wrote:

I put monster tokens in unused investigator stands so that they're easier to see and easily rotatable. Plus, you can count out a number of stands before the game equal to the monster limit, so you know you never go over it.

A great system I used to swear by, until the monsters started flying in Dunwich and it all went wrong...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H N
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
Lov'in FFG!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting find
Once it's out I'll be very curious to see if that's what they did.
And if so, this was a very clever find! Good stuff!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
LordHellfury wrote:
LordHellfury wrote:
Jenny Barnes
Sister Mary
Joe Diamond
Kate Winthrop
Harvey Walters
Michael McGlen
"Ashcan" Pete
Gloria Goldberg

According to my one play of the game at Arkham Nights, these will be the investigators included in the base game unless there are changes made from the demo version.

Yaaay! I am *sooo* playing Sister Mary in my first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.