Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Age of Steam Expansion: California Gold Rush & Underground Railroad» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about income rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Gerrits
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing with the Steam rules, does the income in the expansion rules refer to the income or to the victory points?

I was wondering because if it's strictly income then the gold cubes seem to become a lot less interesting for California Gold Rush and there's no longer any reason to invest in victory points for the Underground Railroad tiebreaker, removing a point of tension in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder One Night Ultimate Werewolf now from www.beziergames.com
badge
One Night Ultimate Werewolf
mbmb
In both cases, it's always up to the player where to place their points: the VP track or the income track. Of course, at the end of the game, they'd typically want to increase the VP track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toulouse wrote:
In both cases, it's always up to the player where to place their points: the VP track or the income track. Of course, at the end of the game, they'd typically want to increase the VP track.

This doesn't make sense. The rules clearly state that you get 5 income for each gold cube at the end of the game. A) Steam has a maximum of 10 on the income track and B) income is converted to VP at 1/2. It seems to me that under steam rules this map is simply unplayable (or incredibly boring) as the rules as written.

The OP is spot on with his criticism of the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe there's something in the title of the BGG entry.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
Maybe there's something in the title of the BGG entry.

B>

I go by rule sets printed and included in a game I paid for, not by what a product description on a website says. I think I, as a consumer, deserve to have the most correct rules included in the product I paid for. Playing hide and go seek with rules is not acceptable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.