Vaclovas Kyguolis
Lithuania
Kaunas
flag msg tools
Hi everyone, i would like to get some advise. I have : Carcassonne base game with expansions Inns & Cathedrals, Traders & Builders, The Princess & the Dragon, King & Scout, The Tower, The Count, Abbey & Mayor, The River II, Catapult, Cult, Siege and Creativity and Bridges, Castles, and Bazaars. Now i am planning to buy the wheel of fortune. What tiles i should remove from expansions above listed, or what tiles i should remove from wheel of fortune expansion set. And maybe i shouldnt remove tiles at all? After getting wheel of fortune, what other expansions still available for the game? Thank you for your answers. (sorry for english)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwommy the Purple
United States
Portland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the Wheel of Fortune expansion. I use it instead of the base game. The tiles in the Wheel of Fortune are identical to the base game, except some of the pieces have numbers on them which indicate how the Pink Pig moves around the Wheel.

If you're playing a game of Mega-Carcassonne, then use all the tiles. Otherwise, as mentioned above, it's a good substitute for the base set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baldurs1982 wrote:
Hi everyone, i would like to get some advise. I have : Carcassonne base game with expansions Inns & Cathedrals, Traders & Builders, The Princess & the Dragon, King & Scout, The Tower, The Count, Abbey & Mayor, The River II, Catapult, Cult, Siege and Creativity and Bridges, Castles, and Bazaars. Now i am planning to buy the wheel of fortune. What tiles i should remove from expansions above listed, or what tiles i should remove from wheel of fortune expansion set. And maybe i shouldnt remove tiles at all? After getting wheel of fortune, what other expansions still available for the game? Thank you for your answers. (sorry for english)

Looks like you are just missing the River 1 which you should be able to buy online, and the Games Quarterly Mini Expansion which you might be able to find on Ebay, or I believe Trollandtoad.com sells it.

As for the Wheel of Fortune tiles, most are identical to the base game, but not all. As mentioned, some have numbers for the wheel itself. But ignoring that, I think only 67 or so are identical. A few match some Inns & Cathedrals tiles, and 1 or 2 match a Traders & Builders tile. I think there are lists that can tell you exactly which ones.

As for playing a game with every expansion, when we do it (in a couple of weeks) we will use ALL the tiles. This means all 5 sets of starting tiles: The Wheel of Fortune starter, the original starter, the two river starters, and the Count of Carcassonne starter. we will also use all of the Wheel of Fortune tiles that don't have numbers on it. That way, there are more normal tiles in the game to offset the amount of tiles that have a special expansion effect. Altogether it will be a 354 tile game. Hopefully Rio Grande Games releases the Tunnels & Crop Circles expansion soon for the US so we can add that in as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vaclovas Kyguolis
Lithuania
Kaunas
flag msg tools
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
baldurs1982 wrote:

Looks like you are just missing the River 1 which you should be able to buy online, and the Games Quarterly Mini Expansion which you might be able to find on Ebay, or I believe Trollandtoad.com sells it.

As for the Wheel of Fortune tiles, most are identical to the base game, but not all. As mentioned, some have numbers for the wheel itself. But ignoring that, I think only 67 or so are identical. A few match some Inns & Cathedrals tiles, and 1 or 2 match a Traders & Builders tile. I think there are lists that can tell you exactly which ones.

As for playing a game with every expansion, when we do it (in a couple of weeks) we will use ALL the tiles. This means all 5 sets of starting tiles: The Wheel of Fortune starter, the original starter, the two river starters, and the Count of Carcassonne starter. we will also use all of the Wheel of Fortune tiles that don't have numbers on it. That way, there are more normal tiles in the game to offset the amount of tiles that have a special expansion effect. Altogether it will be a 354 tile game. Hopefully Rio Grande Games releases the Tunnels & Crop Circles expansion soon for the US so we can add that in as well.

how would you use ALL of the starting pieces? we play with the river and the river 2. I want to get more expansions but I'm not sure how it would all work out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.