Subject: Is this game also fun for adults? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T Thach
Canada
Steinbach
Manitoba
flag msg tools
My 5 year old loves Giro Galoppo, however It got old pretty fast for me (I know they are completely different mechanics and everyting..., just using it as an example). Despite that, its still the most played game in our house.
My question is, will the same thing happen with this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Berlin
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
i guess adults would play it a little different. there ae quite many strategies involved with the tilepushing: pushing a trap under someone, getting cheese by it.
and there is some memory involved with the roof removal.
put it can be, in my opinion, fun between adults too. it is some kind of more complex Labyrinth for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Olcese
Argentina
Córdoba
Córdoba
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoy it. I also played a couple of adults-only games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc magner
United States
webster
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nah - not too much fun for adults, aside for the fun i get seeing how happy my 5 year old is playing a game with dad.

You may want to look to gulo gulo or viva topo for games that might be more fun for adults.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play it with competition rules to make it a brutal game. Like a 15 second timer and no take backs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc magner
United States
webster
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
princemousey wrote:
You can play it with competition rules to make it a brutal game. Like a 15 second timer and no take backs.

brutal maybe, any more fun? eh .... does playing sub-optimally really add fun?

this is a kids game with very nice bits. I would never bring it out, aside from with my kids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.