Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
If you have some sanity left...
badge
...come and join me in the tavern I buy you a mug of beer.
mbmbmbmbmb
How to get the game started?

When you open the box you will see an insert that is made for the box. You will also find a bag of frog tiles and 2 boards. One of the boards is smaller and fits on the insert leaving a space open on the side of the box. The insert is made up in a couple of ramps. These ramps run from the top down. On each ramp there is space for 5 to 6 frog tiles. According to the posistion you will also see scores on the insert (1 to 4).

You now take the lid of the box and put it next to the part you already set up (a bit like Niagare/Igazu). On the second board you will find starting points (docks) and water lillies. Put the water lillies side towards the openings of the second half of the box. You now can put down the frogs on the starting points. The positions of each frog is fixed and a color indication on the docks show you how to put them. Each player now takes a color token to determine their color which they have to keep hidden during the game.

Now you are ready to get started!

At their turn a player can move one of the frogs in a straight line over the board. You can move a frog as much spaces as the tower of frogs where it starts is high. So if there are 4 frogs on the starting tile you can move up to 4 spaces on the board. If the frog is the only one on a tile you can move only one space.

You can move each color over the board as you wish and you have to get the frogs in the opening at the end of the board. When they get at the openings you can just put them in and let them sleigh down the ramps. The game ends when one of the colors is completely gone from the board.

Now it’s time to count the scores!

Like I already explained there are scores on the ramps in the insert. According to the position on the ramp you will get a score from 1 to 4. 1 for the frog that is the lowest in the box, 4 for the highest. But there are 2 more spaces on the ramps and these don’t get points. Just count together the points that each color has made and you know who wins.

Now what do I think?

I rather like the game. I especially like the way the scoring works. You have to position your own color in the right way to get the most points. Don’t get in to soon or you don’t get a lot of points, don’t wait to long because their won’t be any points left. You also have to keep you’re color hidden through the game or others will start to use you’re color.

The fixed starting positions on the docks make sure that each player has a good chance on the winning and balances it all out.

The game reminds me a bit of Schildkrötenrennen.

The materials for the board are also very nice which can only get children and adults to the game. Altough it is a children’s game I think it works quite well with adults to. I actually had a demo last weekend where a couple off adults played a lot off games and this was the one they liked the most.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karin
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
The game reminds me a bit of Schildkrötenrennen.

Reading about it actually reminds me of Igel Ärgern. I haven't played Water Lily yet though. Can one compare these games do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
If you have some sanity left...
badge
...come and join me in the tavern I buy you a mug of beer.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really see any similarities between egelrace and water lilly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karin
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, thank you.
That means I'll probably have to buy Water Lily as well.....whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudi Vanderzeypen
Belgium
Meerbeek
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Barad,

It's "too soon" and "too long", double o (and without the 7):laugh:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.